Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Just finished wrapping my 4 CT in Teckwrap Black Cherry Ice (I own a wrap business). Did the wheel arches in body color to get more of the ST vibe and just love it.
3C2798BB-CB69-475B-B99C-C6E3C8EAFB72.jpeg

0AB31F8B-5509-4A94-B2C1-9E26F5FBA425.jpeg

5D117F0B-E789-4014-904A-D67FE09B8DE9.jpeg

34C2BD19-158E-46C5-8BD8-41B6D8410266.jpeg

4BA20881-7886-4D08-8EFE-E19F31AE57AA.jpeg

D0C05EB6-511F-4611-A260-5BA8E0460113.jpeg

C136F9CB-6AD5-44C4-8A6D-189E2E4F0A13.jpeg
Very nice! Did you have to do any special prep work for the wheel arches?

enginerdify

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Very nice! Did you have to do any special prep work for the wheel arches?
Good ISO alcohol cleaning as I do on any surface before I wrap it. I used 3M Primer 94 on the edges to get it to hold. Summer and warmer weather will be the ultimate test. Used lots of heat to ensure all the air is out from underneath.

I actually did a test underneath the car where you can’t see and sanded down a bit of the texture to see how that might aid adhesion. Didn’t make much difference so decides not to spend the time sanding all the arches and just go overtop. There is a bit of texture through the vinyl VDS the body panels, but not enough to bother me and hardly noticeable unless you are up close. The vinyl I used is quite thick too so that helps.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Just finished wrapping my 4 CT in Teckwrap Black Cherry Ice (I own a wrap business). Did the wheel arches in body color to get more of the ST vibe and just love it.

4BA20881-7886-4D08-8EFE-E19F31AE57AA.jpeg
Fantastic job - def helps to be a Pro :) - could you share a close-up of the arches to highlight the albeit subtle remnant dimpling - just curious to see how well the wrap hides it.

I am getting my arches painted later this month - had considered wrap at one pt. but for the reasons you mention, decided to stick with paint - entirely pers choice of course (i.e. re dimpling albeit subtle but also extreme heat in TX and perhaps unfounded worries re edges unpeeling if not done to a high std.!).

Love the look you attained and hoping my transformation comes close!

PS: whilst Black Cherry not for me :), the aesthetic choices you made to match the wheels and inlays with this color are absolutely spot on - very nice.

Last edited:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Fantastic job - def helps to be a Pro :) - could you share a close-up of the arches to highlight the albeit subtle remnant dimpling - just curious to see how well the wrap hides it.

I am getting my arches painted later this month - had considered wrap at one pt. but for the reasons you mention, decided to stick with paint - entirely pers choice of course (i.e. re dimpling albeit subtle but also extreme heat in TX and perhaps unfounded worries re edges unpeeling if not done to a high std.!).

Love the look you attained and hoping my transformation comes close :)

PS: whilst Black Cherry not for me the aesthetic choices you made to match the wheels and inlays with this color are absolutely spot on - very nice.
Can you share what the cost to paint the Arches will be? Also did they give you a time estimate?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Does anybody know of a wrap that might match mamba green? I would much rather wrap the arches vs. getting it painted.

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
Does anybody know of a wrap that might match mamba green? I would much rather wrap the arches vs. getting it painted.
Inozetek makes a wrap literally called mamba green, and it looks like the mamba to me. But I can’t vouch for its accuracy, and if wrapping any parts next to the actual mamba paint, any slight difference might be noticeable. So ymmv!

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Inozetek makes a wrap literally called mamba green, and it looks like the mamba to me. But I can’t vouch for its accuracy, and if wrapping any parts next to the actual mamba paint, any slight difference might be noticeable. So ymmv!
I'm going to look for a sample.

Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycle, Car
Country flag
Wrapped the Front lower bumper, rear and side skirts to see how it looks. Should have come painted from the factory. Not sure how long the wrap is going to last.
Ordered some sport design side skirts, will wrap them as well.
Attached pics.

IMG_6997 Copy.JPG

IMG_6998.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

IMG_7020.jpg
Wow Really Amazing Modification Buddy Looking Awesome...

enginerdify

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Love the look you attained and hoping my transformation comes close!

PS: whilst Black Cherry not for me :), the aesthetic choices you made to match the wheels and inlays with this color are absolutely spot on - very nice.
Here is a pic up close. You can see in the reflection of the picture on the wall the phone the subtle dimples. Unless you are this close though, you can't really seem them at all.
Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_9099

enginerdify

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Owning a wrap biz and being picky about things matching myself, the only wrap I would do on the arches without also doing the entire car body is something neutral - black, gray, silver, white. No matter how close you get by trying to match it, it will never be 100%.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
How are the arches holding up? How would they look with clear xpel on them, would it make them glossy? Sorry not familiar with the product.
Sponsored