MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
I’ve just had a great email to say my build slot moved from Q2 2022 to November 2021!

Happy about that to say the least :)

Merry Christmas.
Sponsored

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
I’ve just had a great email to say my build slot moved from Q2 2022 to November 2021!

Merry Christmas.
Same here Mark!! just got to decide on colour now...at the moment its mamba but wife thinks thats a cry for help or mid life crisis lol

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Same here Mark!! just got to decide on colour now...at the moment its mamba but wife thinks thats a cry for help or mid life crisis lol
Amazing - they must be back in business.

Your wife is right… so what? ?

I think I‘m sticking with black.

Reactions: B61

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Amazing - they must be back in business.

Your wife is right… so what? ?

I think I‘m sticking with black.
I've seen the mamba in the flesh twice now and don't understand what she means. I went out with her and another couple the other night and my mate agreed with her! some mate! he loved it in black...too many black and white ones on the road for my liking lol

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Mamba is a great colour - stick with it if you like it.

I’ve always liked black cars and want something low key that I can take to customer sites. Also black makes the car look a little less huge. I was going for the grey originally, then white so perhaps I’m just boring.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Merry Christmas.
Hey congrats - curious as to when you placed your order and what your original freeze-build start dates were - was the Q2 2022 an original delivery date or build date or like so many of us an altered date?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I've seen the mamba in the flesh twice now and don't understand what she means. I went out with her and another couple the other night and my mate agreed with her! some mate! he loved it in black...too many black and white ones on the road for my liking lol
So make a compromise and go with ----- frozenberry :CWL::CWL:

Otherwise, mamba green looks excellent. It was #3 on my list, until wife decided ;)

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I ordered mamba green, looks awesome. Girlfriend and kids totally onboard with it! Such a nice colour, go for it!

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Hey congrats - curious as to when you placed your order and what your original freeze-build start dates were - was the Q2 2022 an original delivery date or build date or like so many of us an altered date?
Order confirmed August 12th 2021 - so I'm guessing the dealer had a customer cancel or a demo car in order.

No idea on freeze dates as I'm going through an intermediary salary sacrifice car scheme.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Order confirmed August 12th 2021 - so I'm guessing the dealer had a customer cancel or a demo car in order.

No idea on freeze dates as I'm going through an intermediary salary sacrifice car scheme.
Ah, that would make sense - was hoping some sort of magically missed stash of semiconductors had been found in a warehouse and we were all going to have our initial build dates restored - guess not :)!
My order was confirmed/allocated in mid-July 2021 - but got bumped from a Nov delivery to a mid-Jan 2022 delivery i.e. read Feb :(

OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Ah, that would make sense - was hoping some sort of magically missed stash of semiconductors had been found in a warehouse and we were all going to have our initial build dates restored - guess not :)!
My order was confirmed/allocated in mid-July 2021 - but got bumped from a Nov delivery to a mid-Jan 2022 delivery i.e. read Feb :(
Ouch!

gt03raf

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar ipace, taycan turbo on order
Country flag
ordered 26th May, got notification of October build slot two weeks ago, changed colour and spec twice since and got told today its now locked and should be delivery in November. just a little excited :)

originally Mamba green but got "executive orders" from she who must be obeyed

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIX51C2

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
MarkG_M5

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
ordered 26th May, got notification of October build slot two weeks ago, changed colour and spec twice since and got told today its now locked and should be delivery in November. just a little excited :)

originally Mamba green but got "executive orders" from she who must be obeyed

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIX51C2
Looks like a nice spec, although I can't get on board with the frozen blue ;)

How long before the build slot do they lock them in then? I'm still not 100% on my wheels (never liked black wheels and I've chosen black mission E with the silver rim in favour over the titanium colour).

gt03raf

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar ipace, taycan turbo on order
Country flag
Looks like a nice spec, although I can't get on board with the frozen blue ;)

How long before the build slot do they lock them in then? I'm still not 100% on my wheels (never liked black wheels and I've chosen black mission E with the silver rim in favour over the titanium colour).
i was told around 6 weeks before build which is about right given mine was locked todayand its an october build.

Mazzy13

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar f pace
Country flag
Awaiting my frozen berry. Anything but black and white. Living in Glasgow having a green or blue car means I can’t go to parts of the city.
Sponsored