Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
I hear a lot of people talking about updates, recent update to WNA5 and more like that.
Where can I see in what state my Taycan 4s CT is. And what update it had and what updates are needed or planned.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr.M.

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
On the website I don't see anything about updates or upcoming updates. Where can I find the state of the car right now? What updates took place already?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
On the website I don't see anything about updates or upcoming updates. Where can I find the state of the car right now? What updates took place already?
Unfortunately you can't rely on the VIN checker or the My Porsche web site (recalls can be listed there also) - not the app.

The only way to know if anything important is pending is you will receive a letter / email.

There are always active campaigns which don't necessarily lead to an actual vehicle recall but will be processed next time your car is in for servicing.

To be 100% sure contact your dealer who will check for you.

I have 2 campaigns pending (WNA5 and AC pressure sensors). My Porsche website informed me of the former (I did get a letter 2 weeks later) and the dealer advised of the other after booking the car in.

You would expect it to be more transparent than this but so far not.

Anything major such as a safety related recall you will be notified by some medium.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
For those who have the WNA5 update, how did it go? And did you experience any issues as a result? Mine is getting updated today and has previously been totally faultless. I'm hoping it stays that way!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For those who have the WNA5 update, how did it go? And did you experience any issues as a result? Mine is getting updated today and has previously been totally faultless. I'm hoping it stays that way!
I get mine on Monday and has been rearranged twice now as there is another recall relating to AC pressure sensors for which parts weren't delivered in time.

WNA5 is a fix to a fix so who knows - most of us didn't experience the original WMA5/6/7 issues to which this relates.

Time will tell.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
For those who have the WNA5 update, how did it go?
I had the WNA5 update done about 2-1/2 weeks ago and (knock on wood) previous issues such as periodic loss of CarPlay have not occurred. Someone suggested this was a result not of WNA5 but simply the reboot of the PCM performed during the software update. I don’t know for sure but the PCM seems to be more reliable.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
WNA5 relates to motor electronics so the PCM 'fix' is likely to be coincidental and more likely due to a 12v disconnect during the service work leading to a hard reboot on reconnection.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Unfortunately you can't rely on the VIN checker or the My Porsche web site (recalls can be listed there also) - not the app.

The only way to know if anything important is pending is you will receive a letter / email.

There are always active campaigns which don't necessarily lead to an actual vehicle recall but will be processed next time your car is in for servicing.

To be 100% sure contact your dealer who will check for you.

I have 2 campaigns pending (WNA5 and AC pressure sensors). My Porsche website informed me of the former (I did get a letter 2 weeks later) and the dealer advised of the other after booking the car in.

You would expect it to be more transparent than this but so far not.

Anything major such as a safety related recall you will be notified by some medium.
It seems the information for updates / recalls / campaigns on the MyPorsche website, varies by country. Here in France there is nothing of this information available. No idea why there is a difference between countries??

I also did not get any letter for the latest campaign either, but the local Service Agent is handling this very well.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received the WNA5 update last week, but I did not notice anything different. I only had PCM communication problems before and these were addressed by a new Gateway Module and an USB replacement.

Never really got to test any of the updates before the car experienced the issue of loosing the cabin heating completely. Not so gunny when a night time drive was done at 3-5 degrees C on a cold and humid trip with 4 persons.

But the heting failure has nothing yo do with the update, purely coincidental. But still irritating when the car spent best part of a week in the garage and now is back again for a second week .

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
I had my CT4 done a week ago. No problems at all since the update.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It seems the information for updates / recalls / campaigns on the MyPorsche website, varies by country. Here in France there is nothing of this information available. No idea why there is a difference between countries??

I also did not get any letter for the latest campaign either, but the local Service Agent is handling this very well.
It is conceivable that your car is free from all recalls - please check with your dealer and don't leave to chance.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Got my WNA5 update last week. All went well and I have not noticed anything unusual 🤞. The WNB4 interior surveillance sensor will need replacement..awaiting parts.

Highly recommend contacting your dealer service dept to see if your car needs the recall. When i put my VIN into the Porsche recall site..nothing showed up 🤔. It was only when I queried my dealer, he confirmed my car was on recall status for these two items.
The only way I found out about these was thru contributors to this webforum (thank you all! 👏).
I’m still amazed that I’ve not heard a word from Porsche Canada or NA.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is conceivable that your car is free from all recalls - please check with your dealer and don't leave to chance.
Yes I agree with you, not worth to chance anything. My Service Agent always check when the car is in the workshop or I ask him. They check this all the time so I feel confident about having the latest SW in the car.
Sponsored