US allocations ?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Is this normal for the US_
I saw some Turbo (non S) that were advertised below market value???
And I am also surprised that there are so many cars advertised for sale given that there is such a demand for Taycan. Looks weird to me?
Call and you'll see it's silly advertising by dealers. If real it's well beyond order price.
Sponsored

OP
OP

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Call and you'll see it's silly advertising by dealers. If real it's well beyond order price.
almost none of these cars are actually available. A bunch of dealers have been happy to help me which ends up really meaning getting on their wait list. There are a few launch config / demo vehicles genuinely for sale. But I want to config my own (not grey), which means an allocation. I’ve thought about switching to the turbo trim, that will be available sooner, but for now I’m holding out. I’ll just have to drive the 911 more. so sad.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
almost none of these cars are actually available.
Exactly. This is my local dealer's DEMO Taycan Turbo for example:
https://www.porscheofwallingford.co...e-Taycan-13e951980a0e0ae8210cc9363d344a85.htm

https://www.jdpower.com/cars-for-sale/make-porsche/model-taycan/location-wallingford-ct

They CANNOT sell this car, yet it's listed. I supposed its a tactic to generate test drives and interest or a requirement of Porsche or something. Maybe they can use it line up a sale to a person off the waiting list at a premium price for the day after they are allowed/able to sell it, but other than that its kind of click bait right now.

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Exactly. This is my local dealer's DEMO Taycan Turbo for example ... They CANNOT sell this car
I don't pretend to be an expert on this issue, but I went to test drive a [not Taycan] car at a dealer this weekend. They had a Turbo S model that was supposedly their demo. I was unaware that deliveries of the car had even started, but was obviously very interested in the Taycan once I saw it. Anyway, it went from being a 'demo', to being for sale to a good customer (I'd never even been there before, I am not a good customer), to eventually having them ask if there was any way they could send me home in it. So I'd say those dealer demos are mostly for sale, depending on the dealer.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't pretend to be an expert on this issue, but I went to test drive a [not Taycan] car at a dealer this weekend. They had a Turbo S model that was supposedly their demo. I was unaware that deliveries of the car had even started, but was obviously very interested in the Taycan once I saw it. Anyway, it went from being a 'demo', to being for sale to a good customer (I'd never even been there before, I am not a good customer), to eventually having them ask if there was any way they could send me home in it. So I'd say those dealer demos are mostly for sale, depending on the dealer.
They sold their demo Turbo S to a top customer as well (#1 guy on deposit list, I'm, #2) They delivered it the day after Christmas too!

Without the Turbo S they have no demo and he told me it could not be sold (Not interesting in buying I want my custom ordered one)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
... Anyway, it went from being a 'demo', to being for sale to a good customer (I'd never even been there before, I am not a good customer), to eventually having them ask if there was any way they could send me home in it. So I'd say those dealer demos are mostly for sale, depending on the dealer.
My understanding (based entirely on what my salesman has said) is that the Dealers need to keep one as a Demo. My dealer ordered two Launch cars, A Turbo and a Turbo S. I now own the Turbo, and they are using the Turbo S as the Demo. They offered me the Turbo S, and even though I liked the interior configuration more, I couldn't justify the extra $40k. This was already a crazy impulse purchase.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My understanding (based entirely on what my salesman has said) is that the Dealers need to keep one as a Demo. My dealer ordered two Launch cars, A Turbo and a Turbo S. I now own the Turbo, and they are using the Turbo S as the Demo. They offered me the Turbo S, and even though I liked the interior configuration more, I couldn't justify the extra $40k. This was already a crazy impulse purchase.
Exactly. They have to keep one as the demo, yet they are all listed "for sale" when they really are not able to be sold.

Congrats on the Turbo!

And I agree. The extra ~$30k premium (spec for spec) of the S for 2.5 seconds of extra power and the same power the rest of the time just doesn't make much sense. The CF body panels on the S are much nicer than the high gloss black though! Shocked Porsche doesn't offer them as an option on the Turbo.

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Confirmed out of production feb 14, dealer says will arrive dc first week of March.
Called dealer today, still into production 1/24 but now taking an extra week to build. Now out Feb 21. Wonder what's going on.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Now delayed another week into production for a total of two. What are you folks seeing on your production dates?

I am supposed to lock (again) on Thursday. I am going to resist bugging my sales person until then. But my build has slipped already by 3 weeks (start originally 1/24, now 2/14)

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
FYI. There seems to be a difference between the "lock date" (e.g. no changes to the order) and the "V250 Vehicle Fixed" date. The V250 dates show up on the build schedule, but the lock date shows up on a different page in the porsche system. my lock date is 2/1 but the v250 date is 2/14.

I am hoping that the lock date is what gets the ball rolling, not the v250 date. my guess is the lock date triggers all the parts logistics and is therefore a commitment to the order.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Just got my v260 today, 3 week delay?
V300 2/21 w VIN number. Back on original schedule. Dealer says 4 weeks i should have the turbo in my possession!
9 days. That seems pretty good. If my order stays on the pace yours did I could possible have V300 on the 28th instead of the expected 3/6. :D And that means it might make the boat out of Emden on March 6th! That would be awesome.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
V300 2/21 w VIN number. Back on original schedule. Dealer says 4 weeks i should have the turbo in my possession!
I think with the Porsche connect app you can use the vin to track the shipment.
Sponsored