Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I'm finally starting to see used Taycan data showing up on the auctions in the US.

This data is important as it will dictate the residuals for leases of the Taycan in the future and potential opportunities for buyers in the secondary market.

With Taycan you have to factor in the $7500 credit, state/local credits, demo discounts (average 5%-10%) and options.
In general, upgrades aren't given much value in the wholesale market. This is why Turbo S has the worst residual and 4s the best.

4s doesn't have enough data because it's newer than Turbo & Turbo S.

These are average miles & Price:

Taycan Turbo -3000mi , $142,000, 5 transactions

Taycan Turbo S - 8600mi , $167,000, 3 transactions

From what I can tell, the wholesale market is strong when factoring in all of the discounts and rebates.
Any feedback from Taycan owners trying to sell their car? Have the offers been fair?
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was just offered $112k on my 129k MSRP 4S at 1 year/10k miles for a trade-in. Considering the tax rebate, really an offer of $112k for 122.5k MSRP. 8.5% depreciation doesn't feel bad at all to me.

For transparency, another dealership offered 105 and another 100. But those two were out of state and I've never even communicated with them before, so I would expect their offers to be lower to mitigate risk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was just offered $112k on my 129k MSRP 4S at 1 year/10k miles for a trade-in. Considering the tax rebate, really an offer of $112k for 122.5k MSRP. 8.5% depreciation doesn't feel bad at all to me.
Not bad at all when you factor in the dealer has to resell it at a profit.
You're better off buying it new for a little more and get the $7500 credit

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Can you claim multiple $7500 tax credits in one year? If so maybe I should upgrade if I can trade in for that....

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not bad at all when you factor in the dealer has to resell it at a profit.
You're better off buying it new for a little more and get the $7500 credit
I legitimately wonder how many people buy/will buy a Taycan without factoring in the rebate. You are absolutely correct but I bet a lot of people will just look at the price and jump on used Taycans.

I was scanning used prices and most dealerships seem to be pricing with that idea, that people won't factor in the rebate.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I legitimately wonder how many people buy/will buy a Taycan without factoring in the rebate. You are absolutely correct but I bet a lot of people will just look at the price and jump on used Taycans.

I was scanning used prices and most dealerships seem to be pricing with that idea, that people won't factor in the rebate.
Its great news for a future lease program. With a higher residual, it will be very attractive and will help them move more Taycans which will inspire Porsche to create more compelling EV products.

plamichigan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne, 1970s era Buick
Country flag
I'm finally starting to see used Taycan data showing up on the auctions in the US.

This data is important as it will dictate the residuals for leases of the Taycan in the future and potential opportunities for buyers in the secondary market.

With Taycan you have to factor in the $7500 credit, state/local credits, demo discounts (average 5%-10%) and options.
In general, upgrades aren't given much value in the wholesale market. This is why Turbo S has the worst residual and 4s the best.

4s doesn't have enough data because it's newer than Turbo & Turbo S.

These are average miles & Price:

Taycan Turbo -3000mi , $142,000, 5 transactions

Taycan Turbo S - 8600mi , $167,000, 3 transactions

From what I can tell, the wholesale market is strong when factoring in all of the discounts and rebates.
Any feedback from Taycan owners trying to sell their car? Have the offers been fair?

Interesting data! Here is my comparison:

1. When originally purchasing (Taycan S, mid-2020), the residuals estimated for the purpose of leasing were terrible. I actually thought they made a math mistake. It was if they though the car would tank and were effectively refusing to lease.

2. My original estimate: residuals in the short term, anybody's guess; residuals in 4 years, probably good for the "4" and "4S" but no way were they going to be good for "Turbo" vehicles selling for $180K.

3. My concern: 5-7 year residuals when batteries might be an issue, would Porsche do the upgrades they would certainly have to do to fix the expected software glitches. (That, I must say, was a dead-on prediction.)

PLA
Sponsored