WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
why do you say that? seems to be a balanced assessment of what's happening price wise.
I was referring to the comment the guy was saying the Taycan is a high end Corolla and a high volume vehicle. But since I didn’t bother and won’t waste my time to watch the YT video maybe he making a joke relating to that.

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I was referring to the comment the guy was saying the Taycan is a high end Corolla and a high volume vehicle. But since I didn’t bother and won’t waste my time to watch the YT video maybe he making a joke relating to that.
oh I didn't hear that part, I skipped through the video and missed it. But if that's what he said, yes it's sort of a troll-y comment

moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just don't care. I enjoy every single ride.
What is price of 1 or 2 year of life?
What is a "depreciation" of your wife and children through the years?
And I've also lost a lot of value over the years :cool:....

jder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Volcano grey
Country flag
As Taycan owners we should all relax and jusy enjoy the car. If you are worried about losing $$$ buy a used HONDA or TOYOTA! can't lose too much then. Or a really old 911 if you can get one

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I'm not even clicking on that.

The big face with a shocked expression just tells you it's a clickbait, money making, video about the painfully obvious.

The next one might be 'Shocking news - 🫨 it's going to go dark tonight!!!'
When I saw the title of this thread – thought: oh bet you this is the Norwegian Volcano or Viking or whatever dude again. Was disappointed!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Is anyone really surprised? The bubble had to burst eventually, and used luxury sedans historically seem to take the biggest hits in value. 2020's are going to get really cheap (relatively), especially non CPO, as their factory warranty expires in the next year. There's a good chance we see lightly used 4s models with 30k miles selling for low 70s high 60s in a year. Maybe shocking for pandemic times but these depreciation values are pretty in line with historic norms.

What's interesting is comparing his numbers with even CPO prices in June 2023 show even cheaper prices. I've even seen some Turbos at dealers tickling the low 100s. I guess this isn't that surprising considering higher trims are nearly visually identical to even the lowest spec RWD and there isn't really anything unique about them. Especially versus combustion turbo variants that are mechanically quite different at higher trims.

deesjays

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan
Country flag
Is anyone really surprised? The bubble had to burst eventually, and used luxury sedans historically seem to take the biggest hits in value. 2020's are going to get really cheap (relatively), especially non CPO, as their factory warranty expires in the next year. There's a good chance we see lightly used 4s models with 30k miles selling for low 70s high 60s in a year. Maybe shocking for pandemic times but these depreciation values are pretty in line with historic norms.

What's interesting is comparing his numbers with even CPO prices in June 2023 show even cheaper prices. I've even seen some Turbos at dealers tickling the low 100s. I guess this isn't that surprising considering higher trims are nearly visually identical to even the lowest spec RWD and there isn't really anything unique about them. Especially versus combustion turbo variants that are mechanically quite different at higher trims.
I’ve just had my first service at dealership top spec £167000. My opinion is they have dropped significantly over over the last year. It is the best EV. I’ve no plans to part with it.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Nor should you. I love this car. I have owned 2 and next summer will likely purchase a 3rd for my wife.

The video isn't really a commentary on the Taycan itself but on the used car market as a whole. For a while used cars were selling for more than new depending on the model. It's basically announcing the return to normalcy.

It also means it's likely worthwhile to consider 1-2 year old CPOs versus new. Especially if this gets folks into a higher trim or more optioned Taycan for less than the price of new. A year ago when these cars were selling used for their original MSRP, it wasn't worth it and basically was just a mechanism for folks to get a car now versus waiting for a delivery.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I think the negativity in the market towards ev’s is playing a part here. My CT4S is an amazing vehicle and I would not go back to ice, im amazed at how quickly i can zip around in it despite it’s size.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I also intend to keep mine long term.
First time ever for me.

But if someone took it off me now, there is nothing I would want more than another Taycan.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I also intend to keep mine long term.
First time ever for me.

But if someone took it off me now, there is nothing I would want more than another Taycan.
Maybe a 718 EV ?

Edit: which is obviously still vapourware.