Using wired apple car play instead of wireless

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I always plug my phone in and have it on a mount so I can see it. I don't like wireless carplay because when I enter my car, the bluetooth picks up first and music starts playing via bluetooth, not using apple carplay. Then after a few minutes apple carplay connects and the music stops for a second. I like just plugging in my phone and apple carplay connecting immediately. Any suggestions as to how to do that?
Sponsored

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I always plug my phone in and have it on a mount so I can see it. I don't like wireless carplay because when I enter my car, the bluetooth picks up first and music starts playing via bluetooth, not using apple carplay. Then after a few minutes apple carplay connects and the music stops for a second. I like just plugging in my phone and apple carplay connecting immediately. Any suggestions as to how to do that?
In my Macan there was a setting in the Bluetooth menu that dealt with this. Setting it to phone only instead of phone + audio disabled playing music via Bluetooth so it didn't fight with the wired connection. Haven't looked on the Taycan yet - primarily using wireless CarPlay and it takes varying amounts of time to connect. Seems to go faster if I unlock the phone.

OP
OP
thedoctor

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I figured it out. I simply turned off Bluetooth in the device settings.
Sponsored