KINGFISH

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 911
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a Valet mode on the Taycan? I cannot find anything in the manual, nor in any of the settings. Don't want the people parking my car to have too much fun.
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The word Valet does not appear in the owners manual so they have free reign with your car including launch control :)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It does have Valet mode! You pull out a $20 bill and say "hop in and show me where to park it". Really good functionality.

Jokes aside, I'm sure there's a valet mode somewhere and I'll dig around for it as well.

Related note, you can get a "dog mode" by turning off interior monitoring and turning on precooling. I would use it sparingly, obviously, and I'd suggest leaving a note on the window saying the AC is on.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
It does have Valet mode! You pull out a $20 bill and say "hop in and show me where to park it". Really good functionality.

Jokes aside, I'm sure there's a valet mode somewhere and I'll dig around for it as well.

Related note, you can get a "dog mode" by turning off interior monitoring and turning on precooling. I would use it sparingly, obviously, and I'd suggest leaving a note on the window saying the AC is on.
Load Porsche connect and at the bottom, alarmas and modes, edit settings, enable valet mode

Porsche Taycan Valet mode? IMG_1704.PNG

OP
OP

KINGFISH

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 911
Country flag
The word Valet does not appear in the owners manual so they have free reign with your car including launch control :)
Load Porsche connect and at the bottom, alarmas and modes, edit settings, enable valet mode

IMG_1704.PNG
Oh nice - thanks for the response.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Valet mode is there, you can ring fence the car so if the valet decides to go for a spin you will be notified on the Porsche App.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
That’s a Valet Alarm. It doesn’t restrict the car in any way.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can’t restrict a Porsche, and you shouldn’t :)
I’ve had valets joyride in my wife’s Tesla and in my M5. I think all cars over 300HP should have a valet mode. But automakers don’t seem to agree with me. :)

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
I’ve had valets joyride in my wife’s Tesla and in my M5. I think all cars over 300HP should have a valet mode. But automakers don’t seem to agree with me. :)
Waiting for my 4S. She got her VIN today, and I can already go window shopping on "My Porsche".
In context with this thread - this one caught my eye.
Porsche Taycan Valet mode? 1608284417848

The (i) behind "activation in progress" does not (yet) show any more info.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Waiting for my 4S. She got her VIN today, and I can already go window shopping on "My Porsche".
In context with this thread - this one caught my eye.
1608284417848.png

The (i) behind "activation in progress" does not (yet) show any more info.
Yes. That will tell you that the valet drove fast, or drove a long distance, but it won’t prevent them from doing it.

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
Yes. That will tell you that the valet drove fast, or drove a long distance, but it won’t prevent them from doing it.
I see. Thought this would be something new, but only now I got what the thread is already all about. Sorry.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag

You mean the way Tesla displays it on a screen ?

dcmonks

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
On a related note... I saw that the seat settings are automatically applied/saved to your My Porsche account when you move them. Does this mean that if a valet gets in the car and moves my seat around, it will then immediately save that as my new setting? There has to be a way to prevent that from happening!

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4S, Merc GLE
Country flag
On a related note... I saw that the seat settings are automatically applied/saved to your My Porsche account when you move them. Does this mean that if a valet gets in the car and moves my seat around, it will then immediately save that as my new setting? There has to be a way to prevent that from happening!
Did you ever figure this out?
Sponsored