simonroyjones

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Tesla P 100D
Country flag
Just traded my P100d for a Taycan Turbo S. Although the Tesla starts with much more range, it drops faster than you do the miles, particularly if you go up hills or have an increased load. The Taycan conversely not only gives you the mileage it says you have but gives you more. I only think there is 20 miles range difference between them. Also each kwh is giving me about 3 miles of range if that helps with working out your chatging options
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yup! There was a great chart on a Tesla site showing actual averaged range numbers based on accumulated customer data and the Taycan is a bit ahead above 75+ mph, about even from 60-75, and just slightly behind below that.

Fantastic.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Taycan conversely not only gives you the mileage it says you have but gives you more.
Agree! Also, the Taycan likes to be driven - so even though I drive it like a Porsche, and have the AC at 70 degrees, the mileage remains great. If I ever have the time, I may try a hyper-miling trip at 50 MPH with no AC and just wearing a shorts and t-shirt to cut down the weight ;)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Yah quite amazing. I have put 325 tires on the back with 22” wheels and even with that rubber I am getting 240miles per charge with spirited driving up and down mountain passes and cruising at 140kmh on the highway. And this is with my Turbo S that is only supposed to get 198miles with 305 rubber on 21” wheels......... very much under stating from Porsche. I could NEVER have done the same distance with the same type of driving in my mX P100D! Although it is rated with much better EPA and WLTP ratings.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Yah quite amazing. I have put 325 tires on the back with 22” wheels and even with that rubber I am getting 240miles per charge with spirited driving up and down mountain passes and cruising at 140kmh on the highway. And this is with my Turbo S that is only supposed to get 198miles with 305 rubber on 21” wheels......... very much under stating from Porsche. I could NEVER have done the same distance with the same type of driving in my mX P100D! Although it is rated with much better EPA and WLTP ratings.
Same experience here - much better range than EPA, and much better than my former P85D (understanding that the current generation Tesla model S now has about 10% more highway range). My hope is that it will also hold out better in winter given that it has a heat pump.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Same experience here - much better range than EPA, and much better than my former P85D (understanding that the current generation Tesla model S now has about 10% more highway range). My hope is that it will also hold out better in winter given that it has a heat pump.
The difference might be even more scary, if you really check the consumption. Fill up both cars to 100% and drive both cars a good distance. Then charge them back up and read on the meter the amount of kWh used to fully recharge.
Sponsored