TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got in my car today and the sound doesn’t work. The car knows it isn’t working because volume is stuck at -1. Any ideas?
Sponsored

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I got in my car today and the sound doesn’t work. The car knows it isn’t working because volume is stuck at -1. Any ideas?
Yes I had the exact same thing. Not sure what it was / is. I got an update from Porsche when I brought it in and it has not done it since. The only way before that I got it to correct was when the car was off and it did I guess what you would call its own re-set. But a quick on and off with the car and it did not correct but a longer time off and it re-set
Mike

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Press two fingers parallel on the touch pad and slide upwards.
Or just use "+".

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
I've had this happen a few times, it's pretty annoying. I think it happens because the car is doing an update, particularly when it's updating the built in map.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Happened to me too. Needed to press the off button in the touch panel part and shut off the main screen to reset it.

MN_taycan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 Audi S7, 1972 Datsun 240Z
Country flag
Or just use "+".
Unfortunately the + doesn't work in this scenario (I had it happen about a week ago). As others noted, a quick on/off also doesn't do the trick. It apparently has to complete whatever update cycle it is in. Until then, it says -1 for volume. I left mine overnight...having decided I was driving straight to dealer if it didn't fix itself...but then all was fine in the morning.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Yes I had the exact same thing. Not sure what it was / is. I got an update from Porsche when I brought it in and it has not done it since. The only way before that I got it to correct was when the car was off and it did I guess what you would call its own re-set. But a quick on and off with the car and it did not correct but a longer time off and it re-set
Mike
Unfortunately the + doesn't work in this scenario (I had it happen about a week ago). As others noted, a quick on/off also doesn't do the trick. It apparently has to complete whatever update cycle it is in. Until then, it says -1 for volume. I left mine overnight...having decided I was driving straight to dealer if it didn't fix itself...but then all was fine in the morning.
Yes I actually took a video that I brought to Porsche to show it locked up and nothing releasing it and he said Porsche is aware of the problem and it would be corrected in the update. Not sure that was true or not but it has NOT happened again since the update. Either way it always self corrected for me after parking and leaving it for a bit

OP
OP
TriTaycan

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes I actually took a video that I brought to Porsche to show it locked up and nothing releasing it and he said Porsche is aware of the problem and it would be corrected in the update. Not sure that was true or not but it has NOT happened again since the update. Either way it always self corrected for me after parking and leaving it for a bit
Yeah, I was doing enough driving this weekend that I took it to the dealer. They ’put the car in sleep mode’ then started it up and it was fine. I’m really tired of these types of issues with this car.

Of note, they offered a software update, but it was going to take more time than I had. I haven’t been watching this forum closely, so I assume this is common knowledge that this is available (my car was June delivery). What are people’s experience with this update? What does it do or fix?

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Yeah, I was doing enough driving this weekend that I took it to the dealer. They ’put the car in sleep mode’ then started it up and it was fine. I’m really tired of these types of issues with this car.

Of note, they offered a software update, but it was going to take more time than I had. I haven’t been watching this forum closely, so I assume this is common knowledge that this is available (my car was June delivery). What are people’s experience with this update? What does it do or fix?
It seemed at least for me to clean up some of the communication with functions on the steering wheel especially the dial for volume. Once it decided to lock on negative 1 there was nothing that would unlock it that should have. So again it was just putting it to sleep and self correcting . I have had a few bugs but have been incredibly happy with mine. Some on here were worried maybe the update would kind of disrupt the apple cart but mine went smooth. Already 10,000 miles driven on a car I thought would do maybe 5,000 a year. But really enjoying driving it around and in the year of Covid not a ton open here in Michigan. Good luck !!!!
Sponsored