Djay73

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser, Cayenne
Country flag
So, my center console screen and passenger screen just shows Porsche and Taycan as you can see in the picture. I tried restarting the car multiple times and restting PCM twice. So far neither seem to work. Did any of you guys have same problem and hopefully know how to fix it? It's 2022 GTS, took delivery in March 2023 has 2,000 miles on it now.

TIA
Porsche Taycan PCM not working 20230518_141421
Sponsored

Coteax

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So, my center console screen and passenger screen just shows Porsche and Taycan as you can see in the picture. I tried restarting the car multiple times and restting PCM twice. So far neither seem to work. Did any of you guys have same problem and hopefully know how to fix it? It's 2022 GTS, took delivery in March 2023 has 2,000 miles on it now.

TIA
20230518_141421.jpg
I have the exact same problem.
Went back to the dealer multiple times.

They flashed the PCM with the firmware two times now and have to say that it is not happening that frequent anymore.

the service rep told me that it’s a common problem and that they are working on a software update to address this problem.

Unfortunately we will have to wait on that.

Quick temp fix would be resetting the PCM by entering and quitting the engineering menu.

Otherwise ask your Porsche dealership to reflash the firmware. Might help.

OP
OP

Djay73

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser, Cayenne
Country flag
I have the exact same problem.
Went back to the dealer multiple times.

They flashed the PCM with the firmware two times now and have to say that it is not happening that frequent anymore.

the service rep told me that it’s a common problem and that they are working on a software update to address this problem.

Unfortunately we will have to wait on that.

Quick temp fix would be resetting the PCM by entering and quitting the engineering menu.

Otherwise ask your Porsche dealership to reflash the firmware. Might help.
Thanks for the quick reply Coteax. I can't believe you had to go back twice for the same issue and even then it's a ticking bomb?:headbang: Does that mean it still happens? Also, did resetting through engineering menu do anything? I tried it three times but didn't work for me at all.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have seen this happen a couple of times. Exiting car, locking it, taking key fob away for an hour or overnight and PCM works normally. Sometimes this is temporary and occasional.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
had this happen once or twice. top right corner two finger reset didn't do it. stopped the car, locked it, and went about my business getting breakfast for 30 mins, the PCM shut down for real, and then it started up just fine. beyond that, nothing for ya. good luck.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
This happens to me every so often while I am driving. At first I freaked out. Then I realized that, as a teenager, I drove a car without the need for any of the shit the dashboard provides me. So now I don't freak out so much, and carry on. The only thing I am missing is the music until it comes back on.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine has done it a good few times while driving.
Sometimes it came back after a short time, other times only when I turned the car off and returned later.

Mine does it a few times in a short space of time and then is ok for long periods.

It also seems to happen at similar places with low LTE connectivity and seems to be around the time when updates (map) are also happening. Sometimes it also affects the map etc on the drivers dash.

I did the 2 finger reboot when it first happened, but just leave it now.
I feel like it's related to updates in mine.

Coteax

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply Coteax. I can't believe you had to go back twice for the same issue and even then it's a ticking bomb?:headbang: Does that mean it still happens? Also, did resetting through engineering menu do anything? I tried it three times but didn't work for me at all.
It still happens from time to time but got better when they flashed the firmware for the second time.

Nothing we can do besides that and waiting for the new update..

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Say what you will about insane, democracy-meddling, quasi-genius, shit-stirrer Elon Musk, but he took the radio telemetry expertise from SpaceX when he built the Model S and that system is really second to none. Porsche's implementation of OTA updates and server authentication schemas is woeful. Soup to nuts.

OP
OP

Djay73

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser, Cayenne
Country flag
I'm happy to report that it's all working this morning. I wasn't aware it was an on going issue. I guess I'll just leave it be if and when it happens again next time. Thanks for all your help.

Washington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Is there a way to disable OTA? I don't even trust the Tesla OTA. I don't trust any OTA being in tech area myself. Even Chrome which is built by Google would act weird in the middle of an udpate. And in most garage there is no good LTE signal. I'd like to be able to control when I apply the udpate, so to ensure I'm safe: I don't even care about extra fancy features, including more range. I just like the way it is.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Mine has done it a good few times while driving.
Sometimes it came back after a short time, other times only when I turned the car off and returned later.

Mine does it a few times in a short space of time and then is ok for long periods.

It also seems to happen at similar places with low LTE connectivity and seems to be around the time when updates (map) are also happening. Sometimes it also affects the map etc on the drivers dash.

I did the 2 finger reboot when it first happened, but just leave it now.
I feel like it's related to updates in mine.
It has happened to me as well the engineering reboot has worked for me so far... seems like the OP has tried this a few times - strange that it has not worked but given the PCM sw quality.... not suprised that it has not worked - probably best to bring it into the shop. RANT- why in gods name does Porsche not allow updates via wi-fi - we know that its possible- END RANT.
Sponsored