"VW delays new Porsche Macan EV platform, cuts jobs as software struggles persist" - Article

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don’t think I’ll be first in line to own (beta test) this.
I am definitely turning down our slot on the waiting list.

I don't really like the look of it either from the recent reveal pics.

Reactions: 007

TonO

First Name
Ton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
What do you think of te Lotus eletre? I drove the car yesterday and it is a superbe SUV EV

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I am definitely turning down our slot on the waiting list.

I don't really like the look of it either from the recent reveal pics.
It boggles my mind why people buy a Porsche SUV. The only reason that i can think of is, at least i got a Porsche. But that's just throwing money into a dumpster fire. a Porsche is a sports car. I am 49% regretting my Cross Turismo. I just hope that snow will remind me why i ordered one in the first place.

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag
It boggles my mind why people buy a Porsche SUV. The only reason that i can think of is, at least i got a Porsche. But that's just throwing money into a dumpster fire. a Porsche is a sports car. I am 49% regretting my Cross Turismo. I just hope that snow will remind me why i ordered one in the first place.
Have you ever driven one? Before I purchased my 911 I nearly bought a Cayenne Turbo.
They both were going to be a second car and while they weren’t comparable in terms of end use, it was a decision between practicality (fun weekend adventures, road trips with friends, how would I get my big screen TV home?)
what can I drive up to the mountains and not worry about but still be fun on the road vs do I want a fun sports car, and maybe even a convertible because I live in sunny California, and when else would I have the opportunity to own one. (Grew up in the north east)
The consideration of the Cayenne really had nothing to do with wanting to be under the Porsche badge per se, it was more that Porsche created a SUV that would meet all my practical needs, while also driving as close to a sports car as you can get for a vehicle of it’s size and proportion.

I’m sure there are others who did just want the badge, which that’s not unique to the SUVs.
There are many who buy Porsche “sports cars” for the perceived prestige (some on here in fact) whether they’ll admit it or not and others because they love the way it drives, or looks, or their childhood idol had one so it was always their dream.

We can’t box people into what we think the brand should be about, it’s often very personal (or practical).

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Errr, they’re good looking, comfortable, fast, and handle well for an SUV? 🤔

The new Cayenne S is a beast, just too expensive IMO. Still, I’d take one of those over trying to use a Cross Turisimo as an SUV type of vehicle.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
What do you think of te Lotus eletre? I drove the car yesterday and it is a superbe SUV EV
It’s an suv. I much prefer the Taycan feel and styling. Lotus is Chinese and I’m sure is competent but it’s not a Porsche. We’ll see. I have no complaints about my Taycan and absolutely love driving it. The only minor gripe is it needs to be narrower for uk roads. Looking forward to the Cayman ev.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Errr, they’re good looking, comfortable, fast, and handle well for an SUV? 🤔

The new Cayenne S is a beast, just too expensive IMO. Still, I’d take one of those over trying to use a Cross Turisimo as an SUV type of vehicle.
mmm... to me, except for the Urus and X6M. SUVs are freaking boring looking. Does feel like money down in dumpster fire every time i look at the Cayanne. i mean if i got one. But i think that i should have a Macan as a loaner soon.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
In w
hat way do you regret buying your CT?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911.2 GT3 Touring; BMW X7 M50i
Country flag
Errr…yes, that’s why it is called the “Taycan” and not a “911”.

I came from a 991.2 GT3 and I absolutely love my Taycan. Clearly you just really wanted a 911 and bought the wrong car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Errr…yes, that’s why it is called the “Taycan” and not a “911”.

I came from a 991.2 GT3 and I absolutely love my Taycan. Clearly you just really wanted a 911 and bought the wrong car.
I always want what I don’t have and don’t want what I have because I already have it 🤷‍♂️

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
mmm... to me, except for the Urus and X6M. SUVs are freaking boring looking. Does feel like money down in dumpster fire every time i look at the Cayanne. i mean if i got one. But i think that i should have a Macan as a loaner soon.
That’s your preference, but they sell like hotcakes because they’re great at what they are: SUVs. The CT is a station wagon with some plastic body cladding.
Sponsored