Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Jesus!! ( here it is ) really it looks like a Passat and a corolla to you ? I mean some of you are worse than a bunch of teenage girls!
A VW Passat and a Toyota Corolla are two examples of cars which prioritise safety, practicality, passenger comfort and fuel economy above all else. They're pretty average, boring saloons, people know what they stand for.

A Porsche (any porsche) is a sports car, it prioritises handling, speed, and sleek, sporty looks above all else. Any customers seeking safety, rear seat headroom, a big boot would surely go for a Corolla, a Passat, or a whole multitude of other cars? Why does Porsche need to do things like alter the Mission E roofline (I really hope the mules have fake roof/rear panels) to make space for rear seat passengers? Would not people who really need rear seat headroom simply buy another car - or another brand? Porsche should simply focus on making an amazing sports car with rear doors, as close to the Mission E's design as legally possible, and consolidate its existing customers.

So many people on here have made reservations for the Taycan based on the Mission E images, saying they'll cancel if it doesn't look like the Mission E. Do you think those people are expecting a car with a rear trunk, a large, bloated roof which can easily accommodate anybody, Porsche's own humdrum family sedan, for all purposes, to appeal to all people? This is the impression the mules are giving. I more think people wanted the Mission E, they understand it's a concept and the finished Taycan can't be 100% similar but they wanted it close enough. The mules are mules, and I'm hoping false panels and camo is stripped off to reveal something very beautiful.

It doesn't look like a Passat or a Corolla to me. Not at all. But the mules are erring far too close to that side for comfort, when that's a difference that should be exaggerated as much as possible - nobody ever questioned that the Mission E was anything but a Porsche. Maybe the way for the same to be true of the Taycan, it should stay as close to the Mission E as much as possible
Sponsored

OP
OP

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
A VW Passat and a Toyota Corolla are two examples of cars which prioritise safety, practicality, passenger comfort and fuel economy above all else. They're pretty average, boring saloons, people know what they stand for.

A Porsche (any porsche) is a sports car, it prioritises handling, speed, and sleek, sporty looks above all else. Any customers seeking safety, rear seat headroom, a big boot would surely go for a Corolla, a Passat, or a whole multitude of other cars? Why does Porsche need to do things like alter the Mission E roofline (I really hope the mules have fake roof/rear panels) to make space for rear seat passengers? Would not people who really need rear seat headroom simply buy another car - or another brand? Porsche should simply focus on making an amazing sports car with rear doors, as close to the Mission E's design as legally possible, and consolidate its existing customers.

So many people on here have made reservations for the Taycan based on the Mission E images, saying they'll cancel if it doesn't look like the Mission E. Do you think those people are expecting a car with a rear trunk, a large, bloated roof which can easily accommodate anybody, Porsche's own humdrum family sedan, for all purposes, to appeal to all people? This is the impression the mules are giving. I more think people wanted the Mission E, they understand it's a concept and the finished Taycan can't be 100% similar but they wanted it close enough. The mules are mules, and I'm hoping false panels and camo is stripped off to reveal something very beautiful.

It doesn't look like a Passat or a Corolla to me. Not at all. But the mules are erring far too close to that side for comfort, when that's a difference that should be exaggerated as much as possible - nobody ever questioned that the Mission E was anything but a Porsche. Maybe the way for the same to be true of the Taycan, it should stay as close to the Mission E as much as possible
Wow I give up.

You really do truly believe that you know better than Porsche. Amazing!
They have done the market research and they will make the car that suits their clients, maybe not all of them but Ile tell you that the thing will sell like hot cakes. More people will want one than not want one.

How the hell do commoners have the nerve to think they know better than a manufacturer is beyond me, and especially when it’s a manufacturer with the track record of Porsche.

Someone should sit you down with an
Engineer and a designer from zuffenhausen and explain to you why they do stuff.
But then again that would be an insult to them and a waste of time frankly!

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Well, didnt they back in 1981 wanted to end the 911 and replace with it the 928? Thank God customers knew better (Peter Schutz also) and won the battle!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Wow I give up.

How the hell do commoners have the nerve to think they know better than a manufacturer is beyond me, and especially when it’s a manufacturer with the track record of Porsche.
Offering constructive criticism is not the same as 'knowing better' than a manufacturer.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
How many times are you gonna post that picture and talk about the spoiler and in how many threads? I can’t keep track of what damn thread I’m reading. They all look the same with you posting that picture and talking about some damn spoiler, f the spoiler man!

Very good. Now that is out of your system, let’s see if you can spare us this information in the future.

I don’t know what the hell people want from Porsche, it’s their right to promote their car as they want, hell they made the damn mission e.
To tell them not to use it is strong, and it’s clear to see that the taycan is based on the mission e, is it a carbon copy? Hell no..
But find me one damn concept gone to production that’s is a carbon copy.

People are living in the damn twilight zone here, they want a concept car that won’t probably work in real life if it has those doors and proportions for less than 100k, also they want it to be faster than all Tesla’s , have superior quality.. and also they want Jesus to return and a blow job by Jennifer Lopez.

And some other outlandish shit they makes up.

Just lay it to rest already!
Chill already. It’s just a car

OP
OP

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Oh its just a car, use that next time you post complaints over and over again..

I agree its just a car, if you don't like it don't buy it..

Or complain here its fine dedicated thread for complaining, instead of every thread there is.

thats all.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've spoken my piece on here numerous times, so I like the cut of the jib of this thread.

I'm here to complain about the complainers, thus sending us into the deep spiraling abyss of ultimate man-baby poutiness. A gnarly void of first-world ineptitude, vapid speculation and inaccurate one-upsmanship regurgitated endlessly through fabricated misery and capitalistic disappointment.

A world where whines replace men, rumors replace fact, and camouflaged body panels bring out the most rotten of demeanor towards our peers.

This world, ladies and gentlemen, is the future of car un-enthusiasm.

This world...is Taycanforum.com

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
I've spoken my piece on here numerous times, so I like the cut of the jib of this thread.

I'm here to complain about the complainers, thus sending us into the deep spiraling abyss of ultimate man-baby poutiness. A gnarly void of first-world ineptitude, vapid speculation and inaccurate one-upsmanship regurgitated endlessly through fabricated misery and capitalistic disappointment.

A world where whines replace men, rumors replace fact, and camouflaged body panels bring out the most rotten of demeanor towards our peers.

This world, ladies and gentlemen, is the future of car un-enthusiasm.

This world...is Taycanforum.com
I’d love to hear that guy that does the voiceover for the Taycan commercials read this. Sounds like a Porsche commercial gone bad!!!

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Wow I give up.

You really do truly believe that you know better than Porsche. Amazing!
They have done the market research and they will make the car that suits their clients, maybe not all of them but Ile tell you that the thing will sell like hot cakes. More people will want one than not want one.

Someone should sit you down with an
Engineer and a designer from zuffenhausen and explain to you why they do stuff.
But then again that would be an insult to them and a waste of time frankly!
Commoner??? WTF?

GT3GT4 man

Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT4, Boxster Spider, Macan GTS, 458 Spider
Country flag
How many times are you gonna post that picture and talk about the spoiler and in how many threads? I can’t keep track of what damn thread I’m reading. They all look the same with you posting that picture and talking about some damn spoiler, f the spoiler man!

Very good. Now that is out of your system, let’s see if you can spare us this information in the future.

I don’t know what the hell people want from Porsche, it’s their right to promote their car as they want, hell they made the damn mission e.
To tell them not to use it is strong, and it’s clear to see that the taycan is based on the mission e, is it a carbon copy? Hell no..
But find me one damn concept gone to production that’s is a carbon copy.

People are living in the damn twilight zone here, they want a concept car that won’t probably work in real life if it has those doors and proportions for less than 100k, also they want it to be faster than all Tesla’s , have superior quality.. and also they want Jesus to return and a blow job by Jennifer Lopez.

And some other outlandish shit they makes up.

Just lay it to rest already!
No!

Some fan boys will take anything with a badge. No.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
It’s funny you make a post throwing the entirety of its users into the camp of complaints, then proceed to complain yourself.

Ludicrous.

Most, if not all of us, are well vested into this car.
The critiques we use is not to be confused as “complaining”.
This is an object of desire sold on part truths and not much else.
Every single one of us has put a deposit down based on the mission E, as that is the time Porsche themselves opened up the pre orders.

The car was over promised.
Between the cayenne and the panamera was supposed to be the pricing, 600hp and 500km range, 350kwh charging - we now know is no longer true. This is reserved for what will be a ridiculous priced “turbo”

On top of all that, the price ( between cayenne and panamera) is now only for the base model which makes less horsepower than a model 3 at twice the price, the charging is significantly slower than stated and they have not shown or hinted at the final design, leaving us only to speculate the mules are what we will get.

If I am wrong, I will simply just buy the Taycan that I already have money towards. If not, myself and others will simply buy a new toy or daily.
There is plenty to be had for $120k+

OP
OP

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
It’s funny you make a post throwing the entirety of its users into the camp of complaints, then proceed to complain yourself.

Ludicrous.

Most, if not all of us, are well vested into this car.
The critiques we use is not to be confused as “complaining”.
This is an object of desire sold on part truths and not much else.
Every single one of us has put a deposit down based on the mission E, as that is the time Porsche themselves opened up the pre orders.

The car was over promised.
Between the cayenne and the panamera was supposed to be the pricing, 600hp and 500km range, 350kwh charging - we now know is no longer true. This is reserved for what will be a ridiculous priced “turbo”

On top of all that, the price ( between cayenne and panamera) is now only for the base model which makes less horsepower than a model 3 at twice the price, the charging is significantly slower than stated and they have not shown or hinted at the final design, leaving us only to speculate the mules are what we will get.

If I am wrong, I will simply just buy the Taycan that I already have money towards. If not, myself and others will simply buy a new toy or daily.
There is plenty to be had for $120k+
OK lets brake this down.
Who at porsche AG promised you a Mission E? They didn't tell me i would ge anything close to a mission E.
Show me where it says that you are putting down a deposit on a Mission E, or even if they have written that the car you are putting a deposit towards is based on the Mission E.
It will have north of 600hp it will have 500km range the charging is a let down, but it will be upgraded in a year. So once again where was it written by PORSCHE that the base model will have those specs?

When you price it between the Cayenne and the Panamera, you need to compare the Taycan S with the Cayenne S and Panamera S..
Same with the Turbo, you compare to the Turbos of the cayenne and panamera, surely you can't be that daft that you think a Turbo Taycan should cost between a entry level Cayenne up to a entry level Panamera? Please tell me you didn't think this.

And about not hinting at the final design, i mean come on now, every damn car manufacturer does this, they have a set date to show the car and they teas it slowly to build up anticipation.. this is no new thing. What do you expect?
Should they let you see it years and months before its available to buy?

You are always free to do whatever you want with your cash, and also complain as much as you want. The purpose of this thread is to collect the complaints so all other threads are not polluted.
I have no intent on stopping the complaining completely, just to gather it at one place.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
OK lets brake this down.
Who at porsche AG promised you a Mission E? They didn't tell me i would ge anything close to a mission E.
Show me where it says that you are putting down a deposit on a Mission E, or even if they have written that the car you are putting a deposit towards is based on the Mission E.
But they keep promoting the Taycan using the Mission E images. Which is why people expect the Mission E, why the Taycan already has so many orders.

It's understandable that it may not 100% resemble the Mission E, but when you keep using Mission E images, there's a certain expectation that the Taycan will look so like the Mission E that people shouldn't be able to easily tell the difference.

Besides, I mentioned in an earlier post it would be flouting the German Act Against Unfair Competition (as Misleading advertising is prohibited) and the mules still have a lot of fake panels, so I think Porsche has a pleasant surprise in store for us.