First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Tesla X, Tesla Y
Country flag
Hi all -

Here's one I have seen yet on this forum. Anyone have this issue?

I have put a deposit down on a dealer spec MY22 CT Turbo S, and it's arrived in San Diego (was on Dionysos Leader, the ship left Emden just before Felicity Ace). It's offloaded and being held with a number of other Porsches. The dealer tells me it's stuck at the port awaiting PCM update, and that this initial update can't be done at the dealer, and they're waiting on Germany to send the update. Apparently there a number of Taycans for LA dealers there awaiting the same thing.

Now, I do realize that the new PCM update for MY22 came out after this car was built and sent to Emden, so I do want to make sure I get that update before I take possession of the car. But (a) I haven't heard of this issue before and (b) the dealer says he can't give me a timeline on when it'll be done so, at first he said a couple days, but now he's saying he has no idea.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I picked up my car in December and numerous people had cars stuck at SD for 2-3 weeks right before my ship came in. My Taycan was there for about 4 days before it got loaded on the truck for transport. This is actually very common and has been discussed before in length on the individual ship groups. Hang in there- I know it sucks after waiting so long to get it.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Yes once the cars get to port a number of things can hold them up...including things like this. My car was at port in San Diego about a week waiting for transport and a few additional things to clear. Arrived 27 Dec 21 and I didn't get it till 24 Jan 22. My 992 was stuck at Port about 1.5 mos waiting for certification of the '21 cars by CARB/EPA. This stuff happens all the time as said....be patient...they'll get it eventually and till then nothing you can do. Be glad it wasn't ON the Felicity Ace and that you're blessed to afford a Turbo S CT also given current gas prices in Cali and other places... $4+ will be the norm for awhile likely (ops different thread).

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
What does your track your dream say?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m surprised you’re getting the PCM update. My car was delivered last week and did not have it.

OP
OP
Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What does your track your dream say?
TYD is only available for a custom order. This was a dealer spec that I snagged while it was being built. Dealer said TYD is not available in that case, but I do have VIN and dealer kept me updated to completion, what ship, etc.

OP
OP
Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m surprised you’re getting the PCM update. My car was delivered last week and did not have it.
We'll, I'll report back when I get it. Dealer said that's what it was and that they were going to do it for all the Taycans in at SD port before sending off to dealers.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Not sure my turbo S was on the exact same boat and was moved to the LA dealer within 2 days. My car finished its PDI and is getting ready for transport to me in the next couple days.

OP
OP
Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure my turbo S was on the exact same boat and was moved to the LA dealer within 2 days. My car finished its PDI and is getting ready for transport to me in the next couple days.
A dealer in LA? Mind sharing which dealer?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
TYD is only available for a custom order. This was a dealer spec that I snagged while it was being built. Dealer said TYD is not available in that case, but I do have VIN and dealer kept me updated to completion, what ship, etc.
TYD was first available for only 911's initially (they even get a picture of the completed car at the end of production). Then the Taycan was added to TYD (US only).

I took over a dealer "Build" allocation (dealer spec'd for sale on the lot). I totally customized it to what I wanted. After my email, deposit, and sale agreement was done, I received a TYD email and tracked my car on the TYD site all the way from the start of production, to completion, train to Emden, the ship across the pond, and then sitting in the Port of Jacksonville for 5 weeks waiting on the TPMS sensor.

I wonder if they could add you on the build.

BronxBomberMJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I recall reading somewhere on the forum that someone was given access to their dealer set build TYD - I'll see if I can find it
Sponsored