Watch collectors - let's talk watches here!

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow! I have the same Zodiac watch. It was my father's. This is the first time I've seen someone else with one. This Zodiac was his favorite watch. The floating dot intrigued me as a child and got me into watches.

Dad's watch.jpg
Nice going to both of you. Just recently, I reconnected with a childhood basketball buddy and started reminiscing... Started talking about watches and asked me if I remembered this watch I used to wear--the one with the red dot. My response was only a picture of the watch and he said he almost fell off the chair... it's like this thing came into possesion yesterday. I need to get it fixed to throw this sucker back onto the wrist.

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
Nice going to both of you. Just recently, I reconnected with a childhood basketball buddy and started reminiscing... Started talking about watches and asked me if I remembered this watch I used to wear--the one with the red dot. My response was only a picture of the watch and he said he almost fell off the chair... it's like this thing came into possesion yesterday. I need to get it fixed to throw this sucker back onto the wrist.
I got my father’s fixed before he passed, so he had a few chances to wear it. It was hard finding someone who worked on old Zodiacs. Good luck!

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
On a related topic, so (maybe) stupidly, I saw this latest in the recent run of Grand Seiko limited edition release announcements and TBH, they've been doing too many of these lately mostly being LE dial recolors, etc.

https://grandseikogs9club.com/chronicle-9/grand-seiko-44gs-limited-edition-slga013-slgh009/

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! nd-Seiko-SLGA013-SLGH009-44GS-Limited-watches-Hero

But this newest announcement from 3 days ago really caught my attention because they're taking the two newest Caliber movements (a 5 day power reserve Spring Drive, and a new 80 hr Hi Beat Automatic) and putting them in the classic 44GS legacy cases that up til now, have never housed these new movements. Furthermore despite having much more power reserve compared to their predecessors they are actually slimmer than the movements they're replacing.

I'm currently without a 44GS case Grand Seiko (had one but subsequently sold it) and I miss that case design. So I called up the local GS boutique near me, kind of hoping they tell me I don't have a chance in hell of getting one since they are limited to 500 pieces worldwide apiece. But the GS boutique guy told me congrats that I'll be one of the first in the country to get a piece and they definitely had an allocation for me, so I gave them my credit card # for a deposit lol. Feel free to guess which of the two watches I put down my deposit (they're both a LOT).

I have around a month til it arrives and they told me if I get cold feet, no harm done I can get my deposit fully refunded as they will have ZERO problem selling this to another customer due to being so unique.

action-ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Anyone in the Bay Area, CA know of any local shops for servicing an old Seiko Chrono? Thanks for any suggestions!

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By some minor miracle my special order GS arrived TWO DAYS after I put down my deposit which meant it was already on the way to my local boutique and I was just lucky enough to claim it.

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! FB_IMG_1644107962981

The SLGH009 limited edition Hi Beat 550 pieces worldwide to celebrate the 55th anniversary of their heritage 44GS case.

Had a great buying experience at the Grand Seiko Boutique in Beverly Hills.

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! FB_IMG_1644107965484

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! FB_IMG_1644107968608

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! FB_IMG_1644107971209

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! FB_IMG_1644107973394

porscheguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TTS CT
Country flag
I wanted to be cool like the rest of you… started my collection a while back, but when the Apple Watch launched, I forgot about the others ?

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! 01CAEB15-7E93-4B78-ADC0-5E34E171AD19

vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 RS, G550, EQS580+
Country flag
By some minor miracle my special order GS arrived TWO DAYS after I put down my deposit which meant it was already on the way to my local boutique and I was just lucky enough to claim it.

FB_IMG_1644107962981.jpg

The SLGH009 limited edition Hi Beat 550 pieces worldwide to celebrate the 55th anniversary of their heritage 44GS case.

Had a great buying experience at the Grand Seiko Boutique in Beverly Hills.

FB_IMG_1644107965484.jpg

FB_IMG_1644107968608.jpg

FB_IMG_1644107971209.jpg

FB_IMG_1644107973394.jpg
NICE! I just picked up this from the same boutique last week:
Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! 1646426985749

vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 3 watch rotation - I realized I've never been huge into collecting (anything really), so have tried to maintain a concise set that works for any situation

ZtzIYQV.jpg
Yep, you've got the beater, the nice sport watch, and the nice dress watch. :)

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 3 watch rotation - I realized I've never been huge into collecting (anything really), so have tried to maintain a concise set that works for any situation

ZtzIYQV.jpg
A perfect 3 watch collection happens to be many serious collectors goals, so congrats!

vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A perfect 3 watch collection happens to be many serious collectors goals, so congrats!
I mean, to be honest.. can you every really stop at 3? At least if you're a 'collector'...
Sponsored