AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
@soamz you need to connect it via an PLC (PowerLan) adapter to your network, and then simply call its IP address in a browser.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Thanks so much!

I checked the PMCC and it says it’s connected to my home network, I check my router and I see the IP address assigned to the MAC address and that aligns to what the PMCC says, but when I point my browser to that IP it times out. I haven’t tried the direct hotspot connection because it says it will then disconnect WiFi and I’d rather not do that (unless that’s the best path?).

So I’m trying the Porsche site. Of course timing is perfect, I try to login now and: “We apologize for any inconvenience! Unfortunately, it is not possible to log in at this time. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please try again later.” Thanks Porsche.
this could be because the PMCC has a self-signed SSL cert…

a lot of modern browers are blocking self-signed certs for security reasons

safari for example just blanking stares in to the abyss when trying to talk to my PMCC's

Chrome and Firefox will ask you some scary questions but ultimately let you connect to the unit if you click the correct buttons…

if you are connecting to a known IP addres on your home LAN you can "take the risk" of connecting to the PMCC's website - the warnings are really more for the big bad internet - not so much home devices like the PMCC

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
anyone who knows how to get to the web page of PORSCHE MOBILE CHARGE PLUS which doesnt have a display ?
there is no networking to my knowledge in the PMC+…
corrected - the PMC+ can communicate via a network with an appropriate PLC configuration - YMMV as to how you can get PLC adapters configured and working…

thanks @W1NGE for the correction.

Last edited:

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
The PMC+ has a PLC modem built in for networking, you need a PLC modem on your end of the network to connect to it.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag