DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Since I am racing the clock to purchase car before EOY, I am wondering when the dealer is able to determine if the car will be delivered with any stop sale issues. My car is finished and sitting in port at Emden. Does Porsche communicate with dealer and tell them of any issues now?
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Since I am racing the clock to purchase car before EOY, I am wondering when the dealer is able to determine if the car will be delivered with any stop sale issues. My car is finished and sitting in port at Emden. Does Porsche communicate with dealer and tell them of any issues now?
Good question. You may want to post it on this thread - ask a Porsche dealer anything .

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Your dealer should at least be able to check for any open campaigns on the car (if these all count as a stop sale I cannot say).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There will be a register of current, past and active STOP SALES - these were posted elsewhere on the forum. Yoru dealer should most definitely know what if any are present.

STOP SALES generally relate to safety items - e.g. the Hazard Warning (US specific) / airbag re-programming being the latest, TPM modules was another.

Missing electric steering column adjustment would not lead to a STOP SALE as it can be retrofitted and not a safety related item.

If you have your VIN number already allocated you can use this to check on Porsche's web site for any recalls / issues.

AMC1 Example -

Porsche Taycan When are stop sale issues determined? 20211013_074946-