When to activate connect services

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
I got the invitation to add my ordered car to my account and to activate the connect services for it. I am still couple of weeks away from picking up my car since I am traveling. Is there an advantage of activating these services right now or should I wait till the day of pickup?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you plan on using the free trial apple music then save that for the day you pick up the car. The date is set from when you activate it.

The rest you can activate all now. You should definitive have your account and pin all set up before you go to dealer to pick up the car!

Last edited:

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was told by dealer to set up the account and also get the tracking code or PVTS.

I will activate all the services next monday so they can activate all of this on my car for collection on weds.

The three years on the services start from activation not when you get the car..

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
If you plan on using the free trial apple carplay then save that for the day you pick up the car. The date is set from when you activate it.

The rest you can activate all now. You should definitive have your account and pin all set up before you go to dealer to pick up the car!
carplay is free and does not need activation.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
carplay is free and does not need activation.
Apple Music is not free. You can either take the subscription trial OR you can use your existing Apply Music Account without additional charges (same for Spotify).

Carplay is not a subscription service but the apps you use from your iPhone may be. Not everyone is an Apple user either and so Android Auto is the alternative.

I would activate any and all services a week in advance to ensure all are operational on day of pickup and ensure these are all checked during handover to ensure they all work. For UK market there are many standard services to be checked (most are automatically setup)

Porsche Taycan When to activate connect services 1657020056837
Sponsored