Which drive mode do you use for driving in city and high way?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
My individual mode is sports+ setting but with the chassis set to sport and the regen turned off.
Rides nicely, and plenty nippy.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I used to keep mine in 'sport' all the time.

Then the tyres suffered from the common inner tyre wall wear issue at about 18k miles.

Not wanting a repeat (and as there seems to be no definitive reason why it happens) I have reverted to 'normal' on the new tyres.
See if that cures the issue. Camber or whatever (I'm no mechanic 😁).

I hope it does..... as I prefer 'sport' and will be a bit pi55ed if after 2 years they have worn the inner tyre walls exactly the same.

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My individual mode is sports+ setting but with the chassis set to sport and the regen turned off.
what height do you set the car? is that the chassis setting?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
what height do you set the car? is that the chassis setting?
I have the chassis height set to the lowest level.
The chassis is set to sport - ie this is the stiffness of the suspension. So harder than normal, but softer than sports+.

they are separate tick boxes / settings.

Porsche Taycan Which drive mode do you use for driving in city and high way? 1716413448172-je

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The chassis is set to sport - ie this is the stiffness of the suspension. So harder than normal, but softer than sports+.

1716413448172-je.png
What does the stiffness of the suspension actually do?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Normal pretty well all the time.
Porsche engineers got a good compromise between handling and body control for the twisty uneven and subsided roads around here.

I use sport on smooth open roads, but rarely go on them, used sport+ on the Anglesey circuit which is lovely.

I have never used range mode since range hasn't been a consideration during the 18 months I've owned the car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Sport for off highway driving, Individual (which is Sport+ without the Sport Noise) for highways. When carrying fragile cargo (like carefully packed set of 4 Taycan wheels with tires), or when going over particularly bumpy roads, Normal with regen on. Gravel mode on gravel and off road.

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What do you gain from settings sports+ settings?

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

1716413448172-je.png
I'm curious about something, let's say if I put the drive mode to Sport+ and chassis on normal, chassis height on medium and Electric sport sound on. What does actually the drive mode contribute then? Would you say it this setup is good for city driving?

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
Normal mode on city's driving. Range mode / sport mode on motorways. I did use 80% range mode 20% sport mode from Holyhead - London - Fortwilliam - Inverness. It worked out pretty good consumption as well as the handleing.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Normal in the lowest height setting almost exclusively. I don't see much benefit in the harsher ride around town on meh roads. There is the occasional Sport Plus for launch control from a light when I indulge my inner hoonigan.

On some fun mountain roads heading to the track last week I did put the suspension into sport plus (or whatever the sportiest setting is), turned on regen, but left everything else normal. Didn't go full Sport Plus due to the range hit and I didn't feel like dealing with charging until I got home (not all track days go well lol). Throttle and brake sensitivity seem to be the things I was "missing out on" by not going full Sport Plus. I swear the throttle gets really touchy in Sport Plus. Given 4/10s in this car is still borderline jail time kind of moving on the roads I was driving I don't think the extra little bit would have made a lick of difference to my enjoyment though.

All that said, I am trying to find a day off to go enjoy a drive in the north Georgia mountains in Sport Plus at some point this summer. But it'll be normal or even eco until I get to the fun bits.
Sponsored