OP
OP

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
My opinion too, the privacy glass ruins the look of a car.

I have nothing on my back seat which is private and I don't deal drugs or carry a bloke with a sub-machine gun in the back so I don't need it.
I also prefer light from side windows to that from a skylight...

Almost all Taycans in the used market I looked at had both a glass roof and dark back windows, ruling them all out for me but it is obviously either a rare preference or a fashion thing since the vast majority are like that.
So, I guess you don't have the pano roof? You don't miss it?
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
So, I guess you don't have the pano roof? You don't miss it?
No, there are several reasons.

When I first test drove a Taycan I didn't notice whether it had one or not from the front seats, unless you lean back and look up you are unaware it exists. So it impossible to "miss" it since for the driver effectively it doesn't exist in normal use.

I haven't liked the feel of radiation on my head on any of the cars I have ever had one on, it is often not optional so I was pleased I didn't have to have it on the Taycan.

To my eye the aluminium roof with the ridges matching those on the bonnet looks way better than the glass, particularly on the colours other than dark monochrome.

Back seat passengers may prefer it though. I don't know but none of my family have noticed its absence.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I just got a speeding ticket of 276 EUR because I drove at 56 km/h in Brussels on a street on which the speed limit was 50 for decades but was changed to 30 last year.

Made me want to kill myself...
My Taycan shows me the speed limit on the instrument cluster and the HUD, plus I do recall seeing some options to limit speed and warn (I did not enable them). Not sure which option is required to enable this, perhaps ask your dealer, or someone here will chime in.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the sales guy just brushed my question off without thinking much bout it. He should have, especially since it's an official Porsche Centre...
I smell an opportunity, let him put down in writing that his dealership will retrofit the car with roof rails, or give you 100% money back. Give them 3-4 years to do it, so they don't have to rush, but if they cannot, they refund you the purchase price. ;)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My Taycan shows me the speed limit on the instrument cluster and the HUD, plus I do recall seeing some options to limit speed and warn (I did not enable them). Not sure which option is required to enable this, perhaps ask your dealer, or someone here will chime in.
The problem is both being up to date and the sign reader interpreting the sign correctly.
Some of the displayed speed limits come from the Sat Nav which may or may not be up to date with changes such as the one mentioned and the forward camera reads the signs and doesn't always read them all IME, it may miss or misread one leaving the dash display wrong until it reads one correctly.
It is a handy feature of modern cars but not something one can rely on IME.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem is both being up to date and the sign reader interpreting the sign correctly.
Some of the displayed speed limits come from the Sat Nav which may or may not be up to date with changes such as the one mentioned and the forward camera reads the signs and doesn't always read them all IME, it may miss or misread one leaving the dash display wrong until it reads one correctly.
It is a handy feature of modern cars but not something one can rely on IME.
Nothing is perfect. I have seen the Taycan get it wrong, even though it's using both an internet database lookup of GPS location and speed limit sign recognition. I even saw it completely miss a speed limit sign as I drove by it. That said, if used as a limiter which requires a conscious decision to override, it can help avoid speeding tickets when it get it right (which is most of the time) and when it gets it wrong, you either have to override a too low limit, or the limit too high doesn't protect you, but that's the same as if you were not using it in the first place. In other words, it will save you from speeding most of the time, during some percentage of times it will leave you to protect yourself, and on some occasions you will have to manually override it. Still better than not using it at all, unless of course you always or often speed, then it would be a pain.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, big news: I just realized the base CT has the privacy screen on the rear windows whereas the 4S doesn't have it.

And I just really don't like the look with the privacy screen. This might actually tip the scale in favor of the 4S.

How vain...
Different people like different options - makes the world a more interesting place. I personally wish privacy glass was available in the US, but since it wasn't, I had to pay to tint it. You on the other hand dislike it. I dislike powered charge port, would not want it if Porsche paid me to install it, others pay Porsche to install it. 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps don't go on the configurator, as Taycans are extremely customizable. If you configure your dream car there and fall in love with it, chances are that exact configuration has never ever been produced yet, so you'll end up talking yourself into a custom order, which will delay your purchase a lot and likely force you to reconfigure once the MY25 refresh comes out.

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Backdraft cobra + Tesla model 3 SR+
Country flag
Even if the CT4 would be enough for me I would go for a 4S for a better resale value.

OP
OP

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
Thanks for the help.

Resale value won't really influence my decision as I'm leasing and both cars have the same leasing cost...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Even if the CT4 would be enough for me I would go for a 4S for a better resale value.
There is no way a CT4S depreciates less than a CT4 in terms of actual money. Even if they depreciate the same percentage, a more expensive CT4S lost more absolute value (assuming same value of options).

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’re right and maybe I misspoke. I’m looking for a second-hand CT. What I could see on the official Porsche Germany website is that the average price of the 5 cheapest CT4 is 88k €, the average of the 5 cheapest CT4S is 92k € (max 20,000 miles, min 2022) . This is only 4K€ difference, while the selling price of the new CT4 is 106K€ and 123K€ for the CT4S. Yes, in new, the CT4S is much more expensive but the gap narrows a lot in second hand? That’s why I will choose the CT4S rather than the CT4.

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah I dit no see this. Working in a sunny area, I would go the panorama you're right. I have currently the basic tesla model 3 with 325HP and it's frankly speaking enough for a day to day use

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Displays then:

Porsche Taycan Which version ? CT vs CT 4S 1705585315028

Displayed speed limit will then flash when you exceed.
Sponsored