Which version ? CT vs CT 4S

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the Forum and new to Porsche more generally.

I’m on the verge of leasing a Cross Turismo (currently have a BMW 545E).

I’m going for existing inventory, and I hesitate between two cars. They have the same price, the same color and the same wheels. They basically look identical except that one of them has roof bars.

They main differences are:

The first car is a CT 4S: notable options are performance battery, PDLS+, pneumatic suspension, 14-way seats, power steering, internal lighting pack.

The second one is a base CT, has the same options as the 4S but also has a panoramic roof, adaptive cruise control and sport chrono pack.

I did not get to test the 4S, so I’m not sure whether the power difference is worth it vs. the extra options on the base CT.

What would you guys go for?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I’m going for existing inventory, and I hesitate between two cars. They have the same price, the same color and the same wheels. They basically look identical except that one of them has roof bars.

The first car is a CT 4S: notable options are performance battery, PDLS+, pneumatic suspension, 14-way seats, power steering, internal lighting pack.

The second one is a base CT, has the same options as the 4S but also has a panoramic roof, adaptive cruise control and sport chrono pack.

I did not get to test the 4S, so I’m not sure whether the power difference is worth it vs. the extra options on the base CT.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
4S for me no doubt at all.

OP
OP

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
Damn, it's a toughie. I could really use the ACC, I do a lot of stop & go traffic but on the other hand, my current car is a bit faster than the base CT on the 0-100 and I'd rather not downgrade...

Other options of the base CT are nice to have (Pano roof and chrono pack)...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Damn, it's a toughie. I could really use the ACC, I do a lot of stop & go traffic but on the other hand, my current car is a bit faster than the base CT on the 0-100 and I'd rather not downgrade...

Other options of the base CT are nice to have (Pano roof and chrono pack)...
Personally I wouldn't choose ACC or the glass roof if they were zero cost options and I don't need roof rails or their extra drag. The sculpted ally roof looks so much nicer to me, and is lighter. They were big reasons for me to suggest the 4S.

I have the chrono pack but probably so rarely use its options I would be fine without.

I don't know how it is where you are but new the power increment of 4S over 4 is the biggest for the least price increment in the line.

You do seem to be showing a personal preference for the 4 spec though so maybe just go to that, I only use full power for a few seconds at a time whereas if you actually like ACC and would use it daily the extra power of the 4S probably isn't a compensation for its absence.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
4S if you wanna loose your license faster. talking from a recent experience in Belgium 🙄

CT is more than enough as a daily and for long trips, unless you drive often in Germany.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
Must be a 4S if it has to be a CT (ST would be my preference - cosmetic reasons). Both cars have the same battery and air suspension - power steering, I'm guessing you mean Power Steering Plus (speed sensitive) which is an option BUT also available as a Function of Demand (FoD, over the air update OTA). PLDS+ is best on Matrix lights and useful on standard LEDs. Ambient lighting - do you need colours + additional lighting is the question. If you intend to carry luggage - cycles, skis etc on the roof then you have no option but to take the one with the panoramic roof as the rails can't be retrofitted.

Both are AWD.

So seats - 14-way I'd recommend but adjustment wise you probably won't alter much after you are set up. Steering wheel electric adjustment is also part of the package which is handy for sure.

Sports Chrono - not essential, nice to have.

Adaptive Cruise - awful IMHO - you already have standard cruise control and speed limit control. Do you need distance control too? You'll find that you disable several features due to misreading of road conditions / signage / speed limits etc. But if you are used to such a system and have a mind to add InnoDrive (also FoD if you have ACC) in the future then don't rule it out.

Wheels?

With 2nd hand prices falling (if this is a second user car) then go for the model higher in the range as you'll get more bang for your buck (and little additional outlay). 4S and above of any Porsche is more desirable.

OP
OP

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
4S if you wanna loose your license faster. talking from a recent experience in Belgium 🙄

CT is more than enough as a daily and for long trips, unless you drive often in Germany.
Yup, that's what I'm afraid of.

I just got a speeding ticket of 276 EUR because I drove at 56 km/h in Brussels on a street on which the speed limit was 50 for decades but was changed to 30 last year.

Made me want to kill myself...

OP
OP

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
If you intend to carry luggage - cycles, skis etc on the roof then you have no option but to take the one with the panoramic roof as the rails can't be retrofitted.
Thanks for the feedback.

Do you really need the factory-fitted rails to fit a coffer on the roof? Aren't there holes in the roof to fit an aftermarket soltuion (like on most cars)?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
Don’t test the 4S if you want the 4 ! I have a CT 4 and for me it is perfect. But the 4S is a bit quicker.

ACC is a must have for me. I use it al day. Thats personal. Sport chrono and roof are nice to have. Maybe important but without pano roof you don’t have roof bars and can’t put anything on the roof.

If the first had ACC I would go for the 4S.

Don’t buy it without warranty.

Good luck

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback.

Do you really need the factory-fitted rails to fit a coffer on the roof? Aren't there holes in the roof to fit an aftermarket soltuion (like on most cars)?
Not on a Taycan. To get the slots you need to spec the Panoramic roof + rails. No pano roof = no rails = no crossbars = no luggage capability from Porsche.

There is also a bike carrier option (rear end of car below bumper there will be 2 concealed panels if this option was added). This is also factory fit and then requires the €2K carrier from Porsche. Can't be retro fitted either.

You can add different solutions instead for the roof such as those which use suckers to stick to the roof.

OP
OP

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
Damn, I do need to be able to extend the carrying capacity of the car... That may rule out the 4S then...

The sales guy told me I could fit aftermarket bars on a CT. Looks like that guy really wants me to buy him a car :)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Damn, I do need to be able to extend the carrying capacity of the car... That may rule out the 4S then...

The sales guy told me I could fit aftermarket bars on a CT. Looks like that guy really wants me to buy him a car :)
They possibly can if you have the roof. No roof = no bars. I saw a ST at IONITY Achen on the way back from wintersport and he had 4 seasuckers on his pano and the ski box on that. Looks weird but apparently it worked because he was on his way back.

OP
OP

Lausch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545 E
Country flag
Cool, thanks!

I use bars once a year, maybe I could live with the seasuckers (even though it sounds like an awful solution)...

4s back in the race then :)

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
CT4S, but i'd probably not want one without the sports chrono. For me anyway, it's the first thing on options list.

There are (in UK anyway) plenty of nearly new cars out there, so be very cheeky about the price you offer and fair chance something else that ticks all boxes my come up soon.

As an aside, i think all CTs have the bigger battery.
Sponsored