Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have left my CT at the Dealer to monitor the battery, after the bulletin has been issued. Got a loaner 4S. Quite basic, chrono pack, 21” alloys. Air suspension.
What a delight! It feels nimble, smaller than my CT and despite ride quality being inferior and less polished, the connection to the road is so much nicer. It feels more planted and faster in cornering.
I think I would easily live with it. I have scratched the splitter a couple of times, nothing major though. The CT rides higher and possibly the 4S just need to set at medium height.
Shame the boot is not like an hatchback, it would be so much more practical. And I also now understand when people ask why they have not produced just a 2 door Taycan…
Sponsored

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Having owned a 4S sedan, a Turbo sedan, and now a CT base/4 -- I'd say the wheel/tire size has more to do with the handling than sedan vs CT. Summer tires, and 21s with stiffer side wall, make turn-in sharper and crisper, giving the sensation the car is going to rotate more. RAS obviously does even more in that department, so the Turbo had the most agile feelings.

But my 4S/sedan to my 4/CT is virtually the same in the handling department. If there is anything missing it's the power from the 4S. That is something I'd prefer to have again --

Isn't the wagon only 25 kg heavier than the same spec sedan?

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Isn’t that largely due to the large battery being standard on the CT?
Google says 25kg per a top gear article. Also My 4S sedan had the bigger battery. So I suspect it’s close to 25kg than 250 lbs. either way I would say I noticed no delta.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Isn’t that largely due to the large battery being standard on the CT?
You are correct; i compared the specs of the 4s with 4ct’s, and assumed both have the larger battery as standard.

Weirdly, though, the Porsche comparing tool does not show a weight for the 4s with the plus battery; this is a screenshot of the sxs, with “differences only” disabled.
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs CT 4S IMG_0740

I doubt they’re identical, though i do admit 250lbs is rather a lot just for the different body style.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
I have left my CT at the Dealer to monitor the battery, after the bulletin has been issued. Got a loaner 4S. Quite basic, chrono pack, 21” alloys. Air suspension.
What a delight! It feels nimble, smaller than my CT and despite ride quality being inferior and less polished, the connection to the road is so much nicer. It feels more planted and faster in cornering.
I think I would easily live with it. I have scratched the splitter a couple of times, nothing major though. The CT rides higher and possibly the 4S just need to set at medium height.
Shame the boot is not like an hatchback, it would be so much more practical. And I also now understand when people ask why they have not produced just a 2 door Taycan…
What is your CT? What wheels do you have. I have a CT4S on 21 in wheels and it feels planted and great connection with the road. Models with smaller 20 in wheels are far less fun, even on Silverstone experience day. Think it may be the 21 in wheels that make the car. Coupe or CT/ST.

OP
OP

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have got 20” but it’s not about the wheel. Don’t get me wrong, the CT4 is planted and connection between driver and road is great. However I am sure the suspension of the 4door S is tuned to a different goal. Not supple as the CT is over bumps nor cushioned. Still comfortable with more road feel. This morning I have let my wife drive the 4door and 2 minutes later she said “it feels different, more sport car like”.
Sponsored