Wifi in the charger?

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
I don’t see a way to connect my charger in the Porsche Connect app. I also cannot find this charging and cables option at all...
Did you try to scan the QR code displayed on the charger screen with a standard QR code scanner app? It technically only brings you to a webpage where you can link your myPorsche account to your charger. You don't need to use the connect app to get there.
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I don’t see a way to connect my charger in the Porsche Connect app. I also cannot find this charging and cables option at all...
Go back and try again - it did not work for me on Saturday (I was able to connect to wifi but there was no QR code on the display). I tried again on Sunday after I did a proper charger installation. When I went on "network" it was no longer connected (unplugged during install). I selected my wifi from the list, then the QR code popped up. When I scanned it with the phone, it prompted going on a link to Porsche COnnect website (not in the app). As soon as I logged on that, it said "charger successfully linked to your Porsche ID.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My mobile charger doesn’t connect to either of wifi networks. I also tried a hotspot from my phone right next to it. In all cases I find the SSID and select it and put in my password. Then it says cannot connect. Tried a dozen times. Any ideas anyone?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is done in the charger. You have to open a web browser to connect to the charger. If it's connected to your home wifi, you need to figure out the IP address for the charger on your home wifi network. Your home router will have this information. Or you can connect your phone or tablet or PC to the charger's hotspot. However you get there, once in the charger's website you should be able to log in as "Home user" then under the menus there is a Connections menu - that's where you enter your Porsche ID. However I cannot find the "my chargers and cables" menu referred to before, either on the website or in the connect app. However multiple things are broken for either my connect app or my Porsche ID right now so that could explain why I don't see it.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My mobile charger doesn’t connect to either of wifi networks. I also tried a hotspot from my phone right next to it. In all cases I find the SSID and select it and put in my password. Then it says cannot connect. Tried a dozen times. Any ideas anyone?
Figured it out. The charger doesn‘t like WPA2 security. Only works with WPA security for the wifi.
Sponsored