PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Went out to move my car and hit the wipers to clear the morning dew and they went half way and stopped. Totally unresponsive. Turned the car on and off (did not reboot PCM). Absolutely no life.

Any ideas? Plan to search for the fuse to rule it out.

Also is there any way to manually retract them.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: B61

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Went out to move my car and hit the wipers to clear the morning dew and they went half way and stopped. Totally unresponsive. Turned the car on and off (did not reboot PCM). Absolutely no life.

Any ideas? Plan to search for the fuse to rule it out.

Also is there any way to manually retract them.
I do not see anything specific to your issue in good to know or manual. Maybe try the procedure for a wiper blade replacement.
Let us know if it works.

Porsche Taycan Windshield Wipers Dead 60E68F99-9C98-4F6C-94D6-41305DA0EB68

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Found a forum member @jetbox who had the same thing. It happens right when you turn on the car and hit the windshield wiper. They freeze straight up and then do not react to the stalk. When I went back to leave for work, started the car and as I started to drive they went down and worked perfectly.

Here is what @jetbox told me and is totally accurate and wanted it on the open forum in case others encounter they know how to resolve.

Porsche never found anything wrong, i Think it’s something to do with activating the wipers when starting the car systems. I found as soon as you drive off the defect clears. This does not help though if you are moving slowly around driveway as it appears to be resent above a certain speed ( maybe 10 ish mph)