Winter tire fitment - 21" inch

RR_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender
Country flag
Greetings Everyone,

New member on the forum and need some help please. I might be taking possession of a ‘21 Taycan 4S and I need to install winter tires on them. I believe the OEM recommended size is 265/35-21 (front) and 305/30-21(Rear). I was able to locally find a used set, however it’s not exactly the same size. The new sizes are 265/40-21 (front) and 295/35-21(rear). I’m kinda sure that they will fit, but need help from someone here, who could guide me please? Thanks
Sponsored

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Hi there.

OEM 21 inch set up is for summer tires. No NF0 rated winter set up yet in 21 inch. Nonetheless, driving Michelin 21 inch winter set myself.

I wouldn't recommend that tire width as you have mentioned above...as your wheel circumference will be "way off", -3.5% as I see.
Have your data put in on websites like willtheyfit.com (see screenshot) and you will see that speedo error is quite significant (and therefore possibly associated system/sensor errors).

Stick to 265 front and 305 rear.. Pirelli Sottozero 3? Michelin pilot alpin 5?

Porsche Taycan Winter tire fitment - 21" inch Screenshot_20240106_224509_Chrome

OP
OP

RR_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender
Country flag
Thanks very much for your quick response. I suppose I will look into getting a 19 inch set.
Sponsored