Winter wheel TPMS

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Hello,
I have switched over my 21” RS wheels to the 20” winter wheel set but the Tyre pressure monitoring seems to be taking forever to initialise. Every time I start the car it says readings will be taken above 15mph but it doesn’t seems to be working.
Is there a way to reset these?
Thanks
Gitesh
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I have two sets of wheels, whenever I switch them (twice so far) I also make sure I change the wheel type in the PCM settings. The pressure display shows something about learning new sensors, but it only takes a few miles before new pressures displayed.

Did you change your wheel type in the PCM? I have a feeling changing it to any other type (or even changing and then changing back) triggers learning new TPMS.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Pretty sure whitex is correct.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Mine took 2 journeys to pick up the new tyre pressure once I had changed it (properly), in the PCM. I was starting to get worried that it wasn't working, but after about 6-7 miles it picked them up and worked fine.

You do need to go into the PCM in settings and car settings and (I think assistance systems), then tyre pressure and select the right tyre/wheel combo. Then it will have a period of re-learning the pressures before it works

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello,
I have switched over my 21” RS wheels to the 20” winter wheel set but the Tyre pressure monitoring seems to be taking forever to initialise. Every time I start the car it says readings will be taken above 15mph but it doesn’t seems to be working.
Is there a way to reset these?
Thanks
Gitesh
Patience I guess. If you've updated your PCM to match the correct tyre / rim combo then it should re-register in time.

OP
OP

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Quick update on this for future reference. The PTMS sensors didn’t connect to the car and eventually I had an error message saying it would need to be seen by a technician. I spoke to Porsche Edinburgh who I purchased the wheels from and they said occasionally the wheels need to manually configured to the car. It is booked in today at Porsche West London to have this and a few other minor niggles addressed ( squeaking rear passenger door when it is opened and closed and a new front number plate since the existing one has a crease in it).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Quick update on this for future reference. The PTMS sensors didn’t connect to the car and eventually I had an error message saying it would need to be seen by a technician. I spoke to Porsche Edinburgh who I purchased the wheels from and they said occasionally the wheels need to manually configured to the car. It is booked in today at Porsche West London to have this and a few other minor niggles addressed ( squeaking rear passenger door when it is opened and closed and a new front number plate since the existing one has a crease in it).
I've had this on my wife's Macan T - when < 0C the front right sensor would report incorrectly (deflation) and then after a few miles would reregister itself. Not had similar on the Taycan (yet).

Manual configuration - that sounds odd (to me) - they are designed to self learn if the correct procedure is followed when changing wheels.

OP
OP

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Totally agree and having to visit the dealer for this is a complete pain. Just got back home having wasted half a day since they didn’t have the loan car on site and had to call it over from Mayfair.
Sponsored