Worth paying for the tracker subscription?

Hussaa

First Name
Asrar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 530d
Country flag
Hi All,

Quick question, is it worth paying for the tracker subscription? My insurance will be covered through work.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
It was a condition of my insurance that i had a tracker and suspect it will be of most for this price of car.
Guess it doesn't need to be a porsche one, but as it's already in the car and it integrates with the app, it's probably a good solution.

As an aside, plenty of people recommend ghost immobiliser on here in the past.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My insurer – CHUBB - requires it – so didn't think too much about subscribing to it. I think it works well. It has triggered once or twice – when it shouldn't – like being on a long ferry trip, etc.

I think I know most of the staff(*) in Vodafone Automotive (UK) at this stage. Hello Adrian, Kerry and Damien! They are super cheerful and helpful.

* Not always because of false alarms – you can only set transport mode for up to 10 hours via the app – and I've taken 20 hour ferry trips recently – meaning you have to ring the call centre to get them to set it up.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

Quick question, is it worth paying for the tracker subscription? My insurance will be covered through work.
Probably not if you aren't paying for the insurance but check that it isn't a condition of the insurance.

Some features you might use but as it's not your car I guess you won't be too bothered.

For private users the Tracker helps to reduce premiums.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I got it only because if it was nicked there was a 2 year wait for a new one at the time. Maybe the wait list is shorter now but it would be annoying to wait. Still it's nice to know it can't be nicked as I keep the tracker fob separate to keys.

ChrisD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, Old Defender, Macan S
Country flag
Hi All,

My insurance company insisted on having it activated, it's not cheap but to be fair it does seem to be very good, and my experience is just the same as another reply, the Vodaphone people are very friendly and helpful. In fact the total opposite of what we have come to expect. But most importantly it gives you peace of mind. However to argue the opposite are these cars really nickable? I guess there are so few that they won't be able to do much with it if they did pinch it, but in my case no insurance so I had no choice..

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Even my company mini fleet insurance required it, doesn't for the Lambo though which I thought odd.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
My insurer – CHUBB - requires it – so didn't think too much about subscribing to it. I think it works well. It has triggered once or twice – when it shouldn't – like being on a long ferry trip, etc.

I think I know most of the staff(*) in Vodafone Automotive (UK) at this stage. Hello Adrian, Kerry and Damien! They are super cheerful and helpful.

* Not always because of false alarms – you can only set transport mode for up to 10 hours via the app – and I've taken 20 hour trips recently – meaning you have to ring the call centre to get them to set it up.
Love the call out...
Sponsored