• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTB: 2020 4S

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
The 2020 had an MSRP about $2500 less than the 2021. The 2021 had Sport Chrono, PSCB, LKA, InnoDrive and Intel Range Manager. They both have ACC, Premium, 21" wheels (different versions, both nice).
Okay so this right here is ultimately perhaps the biggest reason to get the '21 based on the data above. First off having had 3x total Taycan with only 1x of them having the SC, which offers the steering knob; that feature is gold. Everyone is different, but I tend to want to flip in/out of sport mode often -- and the ability to change modes without even having to really look own is amazing. If for no reason other than the steering mounted mode knob, Sport Chrono is worthwhile IMO

Beyond that, the fact the '20 has ACC means you can add LKA/PID. I've got both on my 4CT added as FoD on a car that only came with FoD. Honestly, PID is pointless, and not worth the $ (many threads on this subject exist). But having that built into the '21 at no extra cost is nice; to me those arent deal breakers as the cost per month or 1x time charge for LKA is easy to justify. IRM is equally pointless as PID.

PSCB look nice, but not everyone likes the white calipers. But having owned EVs since 2012 now and doing 20k+ miles per year in them, I can say the surface coating will be nice to keep the rotors looking their best. If I were spec'ing out my own 4S I'd do PSCB, so again subjectively speaking I like that feature.

If you aren't bothered by the miles (see reply above mine; its true with EVs it may not matter) and if both have tires in good shape / similar wear remaining -- then the 2nd year of production, and the Sport Chrono knob, yeah I'd lean that way now ;) :p
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
I'm about 85% sure that this statement is only correct for the 2020 MY. By 2021 they had removed the power folding mirrors from the PremPkg. Again I'm not 100% certain but fairly certain. As a side note both of my 2020's had this pkg and these mirrors, but my '21 4CT has the PP but lacks the power folding mirrors, which substantiates my data but is only a sampling of 2 model years across 3x cars. :p YRMV

EDIT: OP, let me guess-- the 2020 has PP and power folding mirrors, but the 2021 also has PP but lacks the power folding mirrors, correct?
Now I don't feel so foolish asking some of these questions!
Oddly, the 2020 has PP and lists SEPARATELY the mirrors. The 2021 only lists PP.

Another question: the 2020 lists Heated Rear Seats. The 2021 has 4 zone climate---does that automatically include heated rear seats (the 2021 doesn't list heated seats on the VIN report) ? Seems odd to want the rear passengers to have their own temp zones but not seats.

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, as I said in earlier posts above, I can be a bit OCD when car shopping. Here is my analysis of the two. At the highest level, the pros of the 2020 are the lower miles and the interior leather package and color. Pros for the 2021 are the color and options, negatives are mileage and lack of full leather.

Comments welcome (needless to say!).
Porsche Taycan WTB: 2020 4S Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at 5.24.57 PM

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is Porsche; so you need to recognize that while there are a few packages (Premium, Performance, etc) -- most items are a la carte. Meaning yes, indeed you hit the nail on the head-- the rear heated seats are a -separate- option from the 4zone climate.

Keep in mind some options are covered by a package, but could also be added separately. Now with that said, the window sticker in Monroney form shows the items of a package nicely (as does the build on Porsche's web site). Conflicting from that would be the VIN Analytics web site, that shows things out of order but not "by package" --

In other words, a car that has the Premium Pkg would show that on the VA web page I think; but it would also show the individual "codes" of the items it has added. So don't be confused by that -- you may see the Ionizer, for example, which is part of that package, etc. Ideally you want to see the Monroney build sheet or Porsche spec'd option list and costs, to really get a feel for it. But in your case, I suspect the power folding mirrors you see on the VA page are simply there because the PremPkg was optioned and that was included.

Likewise, if a car has the 4 zone climate, but the check box was not on for the rear heated seats, it could indeed have one, but not the other. Porsche; where everything is extra/optional.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That 2020 is a low spec car and JBM isn’t a color, it’s an obsession. The ‘21 is a high spec car, but geez that‘s a lot of mileage and very little warranty remaining. Also, the standard interior looks really plasticky on the Taycan. I’ve had it on Porsche sports cars and could live with it on those, but really, really didn’t like it on the Taycan.

I’d really hope that both of those cars were very cheap.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PS - Before I head out for the night one last reply-- seeing your chart, I'd go for the blue one. Higher miles be damned-- that color exterior and the features are really nice. I agree with @Archimedes reply above about the black interior (or in my 4CT the standard gray and non leather) being "meh" -- but I like the blue, and the options. Or, wait for more to come-- these are coming in off lease now in droves and in 2024 all the 2021 (a good year for supply) should have nice inventory. Summer next year there should be a smattering of even better options than right now. Good luck!

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That 2020 is a low spec car and JBM isn’t a color, it’s an obsession. The ‘21 is a high spec car, but geez that‘s a lot of mileage and very little warranty remaining. Also, the standard interior looks really plasticky on the Taycan. I’ve had it on Porsche sports cars and could live with it on those, but really, really didn’t like it on the Taycan.

I’d really hope that both of those cars were very cheap.
I wouldn't call the 2020 'low spec'---it had an MSRP over $135K That is pretty well spec'd for a 4S.

You are correct about the mileage on the 2021.

Re pricing, they are both sub $70K

And I 100% agree about the cheapness of non-full leather. Although it seems least cheap in black.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah, I missed the wheels on the 2020. That’s a good $4k IIRC.

$135k still seems high for a car with standard brakes and zero performance options. Maybe offer $60k on that one if you love it. You need to inspect the paint though, as that color can be swirl city if the owner wasn’t meticulous.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I'm about 85% sure that this statement is only correct for the 2020 MY. By 2021 they had removed the power folding mirrors from the PremPkg. Again I'm not 100% certain but fairly certain. As a side note both of my 2020's had this pkg and these mirrors, but my '21 4CT has the PP but lacks the power folding mirrors, which substantiates my data but is only a sampling of 2 model years across 3x cars. :p YRMV
You may be right; I based my remark on my vague recollection of spending way too much time in the configurator, and on the single data point of my own order: my MY24 4CT has them and I have not specced these separately. (I never use the damn things, would not have paid extra.)

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, I missed the wheels on the 2020. That’s a good $4k IIRC.

$135k still seems high for a car with standard brakes and zero performance options. Maybe offer $60k on that one if you love it. You need to inspect the paint though, as that color can be swirl city if the owner wasn’t meticulous.
No 4S is going to sell now (or soon) for 60k. Base models are higher than that. I have scoured the market- AutoTrader, various forums, Craigslist, CarGurus, cars.com, etc.

The MSRP is definitely 135k. Paint, leather, battery, wheels, full leather, PP, etc….they all add up!

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
To me the ‘21 is much higher spec and so at the same price you’re getting a “discount” on the 20k extra miles. That’s a year or so of driving (ymmv) so not a bad deal at all. Once again, SoH readings would be more important.

Curious the older one has more warranty left - I’d suggest verifying (if it’s an extended one) that it is transferable.

I’ll go against the grain here and say that the standard leather coverage and non-leather materials are fine. The top of the door trim is indeed below grade, but not something I would label as “cheap”.

As mentioned above, heated rear seats were always an independent option - not included in any package.

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The warranty is longer on the 2020 because the warranty ends on the 2021 in 5000 miles whereas the warranty on the 2020 didn’t activate until June 21 so goes through May 2025.

Re the ‘higher spec’ the —2021 only MSRPd for $2500 more than the 2020. an interesting commentary though: the value of the leather (over $4000) buys a lot of other options when the $ are allocated elsewhere.

I’m still on the fence. I like the longer warranty of the 2020 but the specs of the 2021 (other than the lack of leather)

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
The '21 will have Plug & Charge, so you will be able to just plug into Electrify America chargers (if you can find a working one) and have it billed directly if you set up a Porsche Connect account. The 20's didn't have it, so you have to fumble with the Connect App when charging.

I'd get the '21 and then buy an extended Porsche USA Warranty, if you plan on keeping it.

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The '21 will have Plug & Charge, so you will be able to just plug into Electrify America chargers (if you can find a working one) and have it billed directly if you set up a Porsche Connect account. The 20's didn't have it, so you have to fumble with the Connect App when charging.

I'd get the '21 and then buy an extended Porsche USA Warranty, if you plan on keeping it.
Juts not sure that the Plug and Play is enough of a benefit for 2020 vs 2021. Porsche extended warranty is expensive and if I added that to the price of these cars I could look at other cars...as I really only need 2 years of warranty max (I tend to cycle in and out of my cars frequently!).

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will see what happens when the dealerships open tomorrow.
1- made an offer on the 2020 but doubt it will be accepted
2- asked a few questions on the 2021
3- found another interesting 2020. AutoTrader shows it as CPO but dealer website shows it as used. Sent an inquiry. Low miles, PSCB, full leather, PP, etc

We shall see!
Sponsored