• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTB Porsche Wall Charger Connected (PWCC)

Calaxer19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
New Taycan owner looking to buy a PWCC, perhaps from one of the lucky folks who received one complimentary!
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
unless you're installing on a circuit that is great than 60 amp breaker - this EVSE (and most others) are better than the Porsche North American EVSE's

TESLA UNIVERSAL WALL CONNECTOR

https://shop.tesla.com/product/universal-wall-connector

NACS and J-1772, online stats, power sharing (future multiple EV charging at the same time), smaller, easier, reliable, off-peak schedule, and adjustable charging amps from 15-60 amp breaker sizes…

there are other options as well - Enphase/clippercreek/chargepoint/wallbox/Autel/JuiceBox - all better cheaper higher quality than the Porsche EVSE's with better customer support vs. Porsche because your dealer is clueless about EVSE issues

if you want more than 60 amps - the PWCC is a fair choice.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/us-over-the-top-the-well-equipped-ev-home-garage…for-those-that-wish-to-over-do-it-….2343/
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

my $0.02

Last edited:

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
unless you're installing on a circuit that is great than 60 amp breaker - this EVSE (and most others) are better than the Porsche North American EVSE's

TESLA UNIVERSAL WALL CONNECTOR

https://shop.tesla.com/product/universal-wall-connector

NACS and J-1772, online stats, power sharing (future multiple EV charging at the same time), smaller, easier, reliable, and adjustable charging amps from 15-60 amp breaker sizes…

there are other options as well - Enphase/clippercreek/chargepoint/wallbox/Autel/JuiceBox - all better cheaper higher quality than the Porsche EVSE's with better customer support vs. Porsche because your dealer is clueless about EVSE issues

if you want more than 60 amps - the PWCC is a fair choice.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/us-over-the-top-the-well-equipped-ev-home-garage…for-those-that-wish-to-over-do-it-….2343/
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

my $0.02
I'm a big fan of the Wallbox. It's doing something right now that I know other chargers have had issues with. I have the hours between 3 and 8 PM (when I pay a surcharge) blocked at the charger. I came back from the dealer today with 5% battery, because a profile can't go lower than 25% if it weren't for the charger blocking the car it would have charged from 5% to 25% during peak pricing.

Porsche Taycan WTB Porsche Wall Charger Connected (PWCC) 1704331385585

This is what I'm looking at in the app right now, but in 40 minutes when prices drop it will start charging to 25%, then after 11 when the discount increases it will take it up to the 80% set in the timer.

Plus the reporting is decent.

OP
OP
Calaxer19

Calaxer19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for the great replies! Very informative—I’ve got a lot to learn. As much as I hate giving Elon any more money, I’ve ordered a Tesla Universal charger from Amazon which will arrive in 2 days. Wallbox looked neat as well but given that we have a Tesla gen 3 already, decided on a second Tesla charger for app integration and aesthetic reasons.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
given that we have a Tesla gen 3 already, decided on a second Tesla charger for app integration and aesthetic reasons.
You can also load share with these (set a maximum the two of them will split between them if both are actively charging). Useful if on the same breaker, but even if not, useful if you just want to limit total EV charging draw for the house (if 96A strains your home service).

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have the Wallbox and its a great unit but objectively that new Tesla unit that Dave highlights seems to be sweet spot given that we are going into a transition period.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guess I’m in the minority but I love my PWCC. I just plugged the Taycan in at 34% and it will be at 85% in less than three hours At 18kwh. Plus my F150 lightning loves it.

IMG_0023.png
I think most of the dislike here is against the PMC+ and PMCC. PWCC is a decent option, especially if you can hook it up to a 100A circuit to take advantage of the 19.2KW charging rate. The only drawback of the PWCC are:
  1. does not load share with other PWCC's
  2. some reports it was not playing well with non-Porsche cars. It seems for you it works for all the cars you want to use it with
Out of curiosity, does your PWCC have an app/web access which reports back the charging history and current SoC of the Taycan?

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
I think most of the dislike here is against the PMC+ and PMCC. PWCC is a decent option, especially if you can hook it up to a 100A circuit to take advantage of the 19.2KW charging rate. The only drawback of the PWCC are:
  1. does not load share with other PWCC's
  2. some reports it was not playing well with non-Porsche cars. It seems for you it works for all the cars you want to use it with
Out of curiosity, does your PWCC have an app/web access which reports back the charging history and current SoC of the Taycan?
If it does I’m not aware of it! I use Porsche connect. When I charge the lightning the Ford app calls the PWCC “unknown AC charger” and Porsche connect doesn’t acknowledge or monitor the Ford charging. I have an extended range Lariat lightning which includes a free Ford Pro 80 amp evse which is supposed to ship directly from Sunrun a few days after Lightning purchase. I’ve had my lightning for a month and still no charger. Not a big deal as we have the PWCC but there are a lot of really pissed of lightning owners who are still waiting on chargers. i will install the ford charger outside when/if it arrives as the wife doesn’t like her taycan outside while my truck is hooked to “her charger” In the garage.

Porsche Taycan WTB Porsche Wall Charger Connected (PWCC) IMG_0334

Porsche Taycan WTB Porsche Wall Charger Connected (PWCC) IMG_0066

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it does I’m not aware of it! I use Porsche connect. When I charge the lightning the Ford app calls the PWCC “unknown AC charger” and Porsche connect doesn’t acknowledge or monitor the Ford charging. I have an extended range Lariat lightning which includes a free Ford Pro 80 amp evse which is supposed to ship directly from Sunrun a few days after Lightning purchase. I’ve had my lightning for a month and still no charger. Not a big deal as we have the PWCC but there are a lot of really pissed of lightning owners who are still waiting on chargers. i will install the ford charger outside when/if it arrives as the wife doesn’t like her taycan outside while my truck is hooked to “her charger” In the garage.

IMG_0334.png

IMG_0066.jpeg
Can you home service handle sustained 160A (2x80A) with everything else in the home running, or will you have to throttle the 2 chargers to less than 80A/19.2KW? My home setup has 3 80A chargers, but they load share 80A maximum between them - keeps the total load down (one car gets 80A, 2 cars actively charging get 40A each, etc). Unfortunately the EVSE's I use to achieve this have been discontinued (Tesla Gen2 HPWC).

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
I only have 200 amp service at the house. I am going to put the ford evse on the same circuit (100 amp) as the PWCC. Obviously I won’t be able to use them simultaneously but that wont be a big deal. Taycan only gets driven about 800 miles per month so one charge per week +/-. My lightning has 320 mile range and I average 1500 miles per month so we should be fine. Also in SC our peak electric $ times are only 5 hours per day.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I only have 200 amp service at the house. I am going to put the ford evse on the same circuit (100 amp) as the PWCC. Obviously I won’t be able to use them simultaneously but that wont be a big deal. Taycan only gets driven about 800 miles per month so one charge per week +/-. My lightning has 320 mile range and I average 1500 miles per month so we should be fine. Also in SC our peak electric $ times are only 5 hours per day.
So manually ensuring only one of the cars is plugged in at a time?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you do you - but this will be awkward _IF_ the two unit ever happen to be on at the same time and running long enough - you'll pop the house "main" breaker which wills shutdown the ENTIRE house because the two EVSE units were both charging at the same time.

I believe both the Ford and the Porsche Units can be configured to use less than max amps…you might consider dialing one/both of them down to lower amps to avoid overloading the home's main 200 amp breaker…

Personaly I'm a big fan of EVSE's that can be configured to "share" load to avoid this exact problem…

manual load management (making sure only one EVSE is used at a time) is great right up until it's not

another solution is to put both of the EVSE's on their own subpanel with like a 100/125/150 amp breaker - that way if they ever are both running at once you'll pop only the subpanel's breaker rather than the main service breaker for the whole house.

my experience is that a breaker tripping is never a big deal and easily resolved, but murphy's law always makes sure it's as inconvenient as possible…

for my personal piece of mind I'd not have an EVSE setup that could overload the main whole home breaker - it's not a safety issue - that's what the breaker is therefore - it's a inconvience issue if/when it does need "pop"…I'd rather not be in a position that the way I find out that the EVSE's were running at the same time is the entire home being shut down…

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
you do you - but this will be awkward _IF_ the two unit ever happen to be on at the same time and running long enough - you'll pop the house "main" breaker which wills shutdown the ENTIRE house because the two EVSE units were both charging at the same time.

I believe both the Ford and the Porsche Units can be configured to use less than max amps…you might consider dialing one/both of them down to lower amps to avoid overloading the home's main 200 amp breaker…

Personaly I'm a big fan of EVSE's that can be configured to "share" load to avoid this exact problem…

manual load management (making sure only one EVSE is used at a time) is great right up until it's not

another solution is to put both of the EVSE's on their own subpanel with like a 100/125/150 amp breaker - that way if they ever are both running at once you'll pop only the subpanel's breaker rather than the main service breaker for the whole house.

my experience is that a breaker tripping is never a big deal and easily resolved, but murphy's law always makes sure it's as inconvenient as possible…

for my personal piece of mind I'd not have an EVSE setup that could overload the main whole home breaker - it's not a safety issue - that's what the breaker is therefore - it's a inconvience issue if/when it does need "pop"…I'd rather not be in a position that the way I find out that the EVSE's were running at the same time is the entire home being shut down…

Your concerns would be valid if they were multiple people operating chargers. Being as it’s just me that does the plugging and unplugging I feel confident that I can manage. So I’m gonna do me :).
Sponsored