Yes please…and thank you.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Agreed! Would make me hold on to my e-hybrid Cayenne a little longer if I knew I could replace it with a full EV Cayenne version in a couple of years. It they could squeeze 300 to 325 miles out of it then it would the perfect road trip vehicle.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
article suggest same platform as Taycan/eTron GT - I'd also suggest same battery and capacity...

300 would be hard for an SUV with only 93 kWh battery without some major improvements in efficiency

I'd be happy with a solid 250 miles - which matches my current Model X - and as long as it charges as fast as my Taycan then we'd all be good.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
article suggest same platform as Taycan/eTron GT - I'd also suggest same battery and capacity...

300 would be hard for an SUV with only 93 kWh battery without some major improvements in efficiency

I'd be happy with a solid 250 miles - which matches my current Model X - and as long as it charges as fast as my Taycan then we'd all be good.
Did I read the article too hastily or did it state that the future Cayenne EV would not be based on the current Taycan platform but rather on the newer platform which the forthcoming Macan EV would also be built on?

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

whoops my bad - will not share Taycan/Audi-GT platform

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a36040324/porsche-cayenne-going-electric/
Porsche announced the Macan’s EV route back in February 2019, and the Cayenne is expected to share the Macan’s PPE (Premium Platform Electric) chassis, co-developed with Audi.
Sponsored