Jwhmwh875

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carmine Red Taycan 4S & Macan S
Country flag
Hello everyone. Brent in Atlanta here. Just ordered my Taycan Turbo on Saturday. Now the wait begins!
John & Maryellen from Treasure Island , FL.. We ordered a Carmine Red 4S on 2-7-20. The wait begins for us too.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
John & Maryellen from Treasure Island , FL.. We ordered a Carmine Red 4S on 2-7-20. The wait begins for us too.
So did I just before Xmas. Congratulations! Do you have an expected delivery date?

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
Joined the forum a few weeks ago and finally making a first post.

Placed a deposit for the Taycan in Feb 2019. Told in January 2020 to expect a car by March / April 2020 but it now appears to have slipped back for delivery in May or June 2020 which is frustrating. Still a bit undecided on exterior colour so the build delay may help me by giving me a chance to see some in the Porsche Centre showroom when they officially launch the Taycan in my UK dealership in March.
I went to the Salford Exclusive Preview event of the Taycan in January which confirmed how great the Taycan looked but it didn't help much with colour choice because all 3 cars on display were the same spec and all in white!

Overall I find the dealers not that knowledgeable and the forums are actually of more help. In fact I probably know more about the Taycan already than most of the dealers, even those who have been on special dealer drive events to learn more about the product. However, many dealer reps are not car fanatics so I guess that partly explains it. The whole process of controlling the lock down date and build date with the Porsche dealer in regards to keeping me up to date is very frustrating but I guess I should have expected it given my experience with buying other early build vehicles of new Porsche launches.

Options I am definitely getting include rear axle steering, panoramic sunroof, sports chrono package, the large 21" Taycan exclusive wheels with high gloss black accents added.

Not sure yet whether to get the Sports Design Pack in high gloss black but would only consider this for the lighter paint colours. Similarly, not sure whether to get PDCC for the Taycan. Didn't particularly like it on the 911 (992) but heard it might be more beneficial on the Taycan.

Can't wait to take delivery!! :))

Last edited:

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
Have been lurking on this awesome forum for several months since placing my deposit - such a wealth of knowledge from everyone which has helped me finalize my build. Last decision is color (Volcano Grey or Dolomite Silver) - going w 4S. Looks like an April build with late July delivery of dates hold.

HD007

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4GTS, Macan Turbo, MB 350 SL, Toyota Landcruiser Pick-up
Country flag
Salut tout le monde, je suis de Lausanne et j'ai commandé un 4 S gris volcan en octobre 2019. J'ai reçu cette semaine les indications pour Porsche ID, ainsi que le numéro de châssis. J'attends la livraison début mars avec beaucoup d'impatience. En attendant j'ai eu la chance de pouvoir tester le taycan en Laponie sur la glace avec pneus clous mi février. C'était super fun.

Marcy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 , BMW 740e
Country flag
Congratulations! Carmine Red? Delivery date? Do you know what charging ports the car will have?
Thanks. The delivery date is likely around Christmas. The color is Carrara white. And in Japan, only CHAdeMO is available. Of course, J1772 is also included.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Salut tout le monde, je suis de Lausanne et j'ai commandé un 4 S gris volcan en octobre 2019. J'ai reçu cette semaine les indications pour Porsche ID, ainsi que le numéro de châssis. J'attends la livraison début mars avec beaucoup d'impatience. En attendant j'ai eu la chance de pouvoir tester le taycan en Laponie sur la glace avec pneus clous mi février. C'était super fun.
wow incredible!!
and I am very jealous....! who is your sales person..........? I am also from the Lausanne area and ordered my Turbo S in september........ Whom invited you to Lapland? Porsche Lausanne? would love to get together to talk Taycan and other war stories. :cool:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have been lurking on this awesome forum for several months since placing my deposit - such a wealth of knowledge from everyone which has helped me finalize my build. Last decision is color (Volcano Grey or Dolomite Silver) - going w 4S. Looks like an April build with late July delivery of dates hold.
Color is such a personal decision. But I am on the Dolomite Silver for the following reasons: works well with the red/black interior, allows me to not worry as much about upgrading wheels to 20" as the 19" hubs look fine with silver, allows me to keep model designation and window trim in chrome, doesn't shows dust as much, and cooler than dark colors in hot places.

Note: I did do the kick plate in black (free upgrade).

I'm sure you will be happy no matter what you choose. ;)

Last edited:

alevek

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2019 Audi Etron Prestige
Country flag
Have had a $5000 deposit at local dealer for about a year. Mixed feelings after the reveal. Like the looks and performance specs. Very disappointed at the lack of option to select full regen on accelerator liftoff for one-pedal driving. I understand the desire to maintain current driving dynamics for track, however since my car will never see a track, I prefer the precision and quick response provided by one-pedal driving. Of the EV owned, the Chevy Bolt has the best implementation of that feature, even though it's annoying that it has to be selected on every startup. Would have overlooked the high starting prices if the one-pedal option were available, but for now will cancel reservation until base model become available.
Turns out didn't have to cancel. Were able to apply the reservation to a Taycan 4s. Spec'd out to basically a Turbo except for the smaller rear motor. Should be good for the wife as a grocery getter. Sch
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20200221_070132
eduled to arrive in April.