TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
Just picked it up. It needs to be cleaned, but no wash until I take it back for the one week evaluation to make sure everything set correctly. XPEL Stealth.

I forgot I had the lift on for the driveway, so ignore the stance..lol.
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey Taycan GTS Stealth Wrap Pics 20220428_185136
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey Taycan GTS Stealth Wrap Pics 20220428_185223
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey Taycan GTS Stealth Wrap Pics 20220428_185152
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey Taycan GTS Stealth Wrap Pics 20220428_185237

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just picked it up. It needs to be cleaned, but no wash until I take it back for the one week evaluation to make sure everything set correctly. XPEL Stealth.

20220428_185136.jpg
20220428_185223.jpg
20220428_185152.jpg
20220428_185237.jpg
Very nice!

Jeff P

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Sweet car. I literally picked up my 4S today with the same color and same wrap. I wish the fully blacked out 21” wheels were an option on the 4S. Looking at yours, I may need to break down and buy another set of wheels or get mine powder coated or painted.

smyers528

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3S, Porsche Cayman R, Taycan CT4
Country flag
What's the approx cost to wrap a Taycan, Im thinking of a color change?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What's the approx cost to wrap a Taycan, Im thinking of a color change?
Careful: "wrap" is completely different than PPF.

Wrap is thin (typically ~2 mils) and much less expensive installed than PPF.

PPF is typically >8 mils thick, which lets it absorb common road hazards before they can damage the underlying paint. Some brands of PPF also incorporate the equivalent of a ceramic coat outer layer, which lets the car stay clean-looking longer, and makes it far easier to clean when it does get dirty.

Full clear or matte PPF of a Taycan typically costs $6-9,000 installed. Templated PPF such as Xpel that can be installed by less expert installers costs at the low end, but leaves more visible edges and seams. Some less expensive brands of PPF require a separate ceramic coat, which typically costs an additional $1-2,000.

Colored PPF is much more labor intensive to install than clear or matte, partly because the installer can't see through it during the stretching process. Colored PPF is also more expensive material, so expect to pay well over $10,000 installed. But the results are incredible — you end up with a Taycan that has amazing color, depth, and gloss, thick impact/scratch and hydrophobic coat protection, and near elimination of any orange peel texture of the original paint. Here's an example on a Panamera:

And here's the same PPF on an originally volcano grey Taycan:
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey Taycan GTS Stealth Wrap Pics 1652049715264
Photo credit: Matt Rabassa

Last edited:

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Careful: "wrap" is completely different than PPF.

Wrap is thin (typically ~2 mils) and much less expensive installed than PPF.

PPF is typically >8 mils thick, which lets it absorb common road hazards before they can damage the underlying paint. Some brands of PPF also incorporate the equivalent of a ceramic coat outer layer, which lets the car stay clean-looking longer, and makes it far easier to clean when it does get dirty.

Full clear or matte PPF of a Taycan typically costs $6-9,000 installed. Templated PPF such as Xpel that can be installed by less expert installers costs at the low end, but leaves more visible edges and seams. Some less expensive brands of PPF require a separate ceramic coat, which typically costs an additional $1-2,000.

Colored PPF is much more labor intensive to install than clear or matte, partly because the installer can't see through it during the stretching process. Colored PPF is also more expensive material, so expect to pay well over $10,000 installed. But the results are incredible — you end up with a Taycan that has amazing color, depth, and gloss, thick impact/scratch and hydrophobic coat protection, and near elimination of any orange peel texture of the original paint. Here's an example on a Panamera:

And here's the same PPF on an originally volcano grey Taycan:
1652049715264.png
Photo credit: Matt Rabassa
I can fully vouch for this product and this post - its completely on point, and the market does a terrible job explaining this. This is Stek Dyno Grey (Nardo) and the car is the same color as the OP, Volcano Grey.

Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey Taycan GTS Stealth Wrap Pics View recent photos

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
I can fully vouch for this product and this post - its completely on point, and the market does a terrible job explaining this. This is Stek Dyno Grey (Nardo) and the car is the same color as the OP, Volcano Grey.

View recent photos.jpeg
That looks stunning! Nice job!

Thor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla S
Country flag

View recent photos.jpeg
This looks really nice. Would you able to share where you got it done in CA, and how much it costs. Thanks

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag

20220428_185136.jpg
20220428_185223.jpg
20220428_185152.jpg
20220428_185237.jpg

This looks awesome. Just dropped off my gloss black Taycan for stealth PPF. Can’t wait.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
it literally looks like matte black!

DFW_Porsche

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

View recent photos.jpeg
That looks amazing! Perhaps a stupid question, but will it look like that no matter what the original paint color was?