friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm less than a week into ownership, the car was delivered on 7 May, and I'd say absolutely worth the wait. Driving the 70 miles back from the dealer was the most fun I've had in a car in many years. Heck, my wife thinks I've lost my mind, in a good way, I even named it :)

Taycan 4S.
Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? taycan_4s

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got my 4S on the 6th May. Did the delivery experience at Atlanta (highly highly recommended) and drove 450 miles home. Loved every minute of it.
I even picked it above one of my motorcycles to drive to work on this sunny day. High praise indeed. Amazing car!

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got my 4S on the 6th May. Did the delivery experience at Atlanta (highly highly recommended) and drove 450 miles home. Loved every minute of it.
Hey! Im in Northern Virignia and also opted for the PECAtlanta delivery experience. I was thinking that Id have to ship it back home due to low availability of charging spots... But seems like driving back home is also an option! Nice!

f.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Big yes. I was lucky to only wait 7 weeks from order to delivery. This was spring 2021.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey! Im in Northern Virignia and also opted for the PECAtlanta delivery experience. I was thinking that Id have to ship it back home due to low availability of charging spots... But seems like driving back home is also an option! Nice!

f.
They treat you like a king at the PECAtlanta.
Electrify America have a good network strategically placed north to south on the east coast. I don't think you'll have problems - you can actually check this now on the EA website or app.
Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? IMG_1326

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. The car is incredible. My only piece of advice with us being in the same area is avoid Porsche Chantilly at all costs.
Agreed! They wanted me to put down a non-refundable deposit to just get on a waitlist lol!

f.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?
VW Tiguans currently have a 12 month wait. I am sure the Taycan is a better wait.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Worth the wait. I got my 4S delivered in October 2020 and it still makes me smile every time I drive it.
Sponsored