Possible Taycan color options...........

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Updated with new renderings on a new photo:

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-chalk-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-lime-green-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-miami-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-red-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-white-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-yellow-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-dark-r-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-orange-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-blue-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-med-grey-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-dark-grey-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-silver-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-green-grey-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-saphire-blue-

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... tay-gulf-blue-

View attachment 1154

View attachment 1155

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... Tay signal yellow

Just for fun I tired to mimic the color choices of the 911 but obviously without being able to go metallic. So here are the:

White
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT white

Black
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT black

Guards red
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT G red

Racing yellow
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT yellow

Gentian blue
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT G blue

Night blue
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT N blue

Aventurine green
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT A gree

Carmine red
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT C red

Crayon
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT crayo

Lava orange
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT L orange

Miami blue
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT M blue

Lizard green
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT L gree

and a special Black chrome
Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycan FRONT B chrome

hope you enjoy. :)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
In Atlanta area, 95% of Porsche's are black, grey, white or silver in that order of popularity. Porsche chooses the most hideous blues and reds making those colors only for the tasteless perhaps trying to be unique but just missing the mark entirely. And then the yellows, oranges and greens are just too loud, great for athletes, Atlanta hip hop stars and entertainers. You actually will see chrome 911s driving here occasionally (and a shiny gold Lambourghini). In the late 1970s 80s and early 90s, there was a red that people literally called Porsche red....that was a great color!

In the 1990s I had a black Acura NSX and vowed never to have another black car.....so beautiful , if you wash it every time you drive....LOL
Silver and grey are the most practical colors. For the workaholics that only have time to have their car detailed once a month, its perfect.
White is beautiful on any car, but almost as bad as black in showing dirt.

Now just imagining other options......
Wheels.......Panamera offers wheels at the standard 19". Then for $1800, it offers 20" and about $5000 for 21" You can get 22" wheels for the Cayenne for $6600, although highly unlikely to offered at that size on Taycan although I am betting that is the size on the Mission E.

Sideskirts (panel under the door) are offered on Panamera for about $1300. Mission E's have huge side skirts. Painted front end air intakes and door handles will give the car a cleaner slicker front end. Exterior sports packages on the Cayenne, Macan and Panamera usually add these and many other sporty features for around $5500.

So I have added $10k to the Taycan and haven't even added interior option.....add the adaptive cruise control and lane assist (autopilot) and park assist for 5k, power seats 4k, heated and vented seats, premium sound, etc......easily another 15k.......
So that 100k Taycan S will probably be around 125k

TaycanKeith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Supercharged
Country flag
In Atlanta area, 95% of Porsche's are black, grey, white or silver in that order of popularity. Porsche chooses the most hideous blues and reds making those colors only for the tasteless perhaps trying to be unique but just missing the mark entirely. And then the yellows, oranges and greens are just too loud, great for athletes, Atlanta hip hop stars and entertainers. You actually will see chrome 911s driving here occasionally (and a shiny gold Lambourghini). In the late 1970s 80s and early 90s, there was a red that people literally called Porsche red....that was a great color!

In the 1990s I had a black Acura NSX and vowed never to have another black car.....so beautiful , if you wash it every time you drive....LOL
Silver and grey are the most practical colors. For the workaholics that only have time to have their car detailed once a month, its perfect.
White is beautiful on any car, but almost as bad as black in showing dirt.

Now just imagining other options......
Wheels.......Panamera offers wheels at the standard 19". Then for $1800, it offers 20" and about $5000 for 21" You can get 22" wheels for the Cayenne for $6600, although highly unlikely to offered at that size on Taycan although I am betting that is the size on the Mission E.

Sideskirts (panel under the door) are offered on Panamera for about $1300. Mission E's have huge side skirts. Painted front end air intakes and door handles will give the car a cleaner slicker front end. Exterior sports packages on the Cayenne, Macan and Panamera usually add these and many other sporty features for around $5500.

So I have added $10k to the Taycan and haven't even added interior option.....add the adaptive cruise control and lane assist (autopilot) and park assist for 5k, power seats 4k, heated and vented seats, premium sound, etc......easily another 15k.......
So that 100k Taycan S will probably be around 125k
I had a 2008 911 Turbo in GT Silver. It looked good, and as you say great for the office commute. I am getting a bit older now so probably reached the age where Lizard Green would look great

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Nice work!
I think I like the Crayon with black 935 wheels...
I've been thinking what color would be best almost every day!
White is good but maybe a bit too normal.
I've seen Panameras in Crayon and they look absolutely great!
Imagining a Taycan with that wide ass and red rear light, yummie!
Also thinking about Gun Metal with black rims...
Very undecided yet...
Still, I've to see it in real life, just to decide what car it is.
Then I can connect the right color to it...

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
I saw already the finished production car in the colors Karminrot and Enzianblau Metallic (I think it was these PAG colors but I'm not 100% sure).
But I don't know if they either just tested these colors or if they are really specable options...

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
I LOVE the Saphire Blue Metallic of my Cayman S..
I would love my Taycan to be that color.
If not, Gentian Blue is close

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
Nice work! Love to see Mexico Blue!
I don’t think Mexico Blue is a current color maybe a paint to suit color @ $6k-$8k premium. Might take a little “fun” out of that color. Additionally when I was at the factory, the tour guide said all paint to suit colors were a very low priority so it might take over a year to get after everything else is done. Unless you have some juice with Porsche. :cool:

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
No Mission E front/rear fenders no sale. Give back my deposit. The rear fenders make the Taycan sporty and different. Mules look terrible and look like an electric Panamera. I will buy the new BMW M8 if the front and rear fenders are not wide and bold.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
No Mission E front/rear fenders no sale. Give back my deposit. The rear fenders make the Taycan sporty and different. Mules look terrible and look like an electric Panamera. I will buy the new BMW M8 if the front and rear fenders are not wide and bold.
Ronnie,
Well, Porsche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes, the German luxury car manufacturers, will always make their cars recognizable and similar in design, unlike most American and Japanese car makers that make cars indistinguishable from one another and disjointed in their evolutionary styling. A Porsche has to be a Porsche, and it has to have the Porsche lines, dimensions and proportions....period period period. so yes, for the untrained eye, the Cayman and the 911 look alike and the Taycan and the Panamera look similar. The more camouflage that comes off the Taycan, the more different they look, although most Mission E fans are a bit and sometimes quite disappointed to how much of the front fender flare was reduced, but that is what usually happens to concepts.

But to point out BMW as an alternative for your purchase after criticizing similarities in different models?!? I really dont want to criticize another German luxury carmaker but to the untrained eye or someone that is not an avid BMW fan, NOONE can tell the difference in photos of 1 series, 2 series, 3 series, 4 series, 5 series, 6 series, 7 series and now 8 series....LOL...look at their line up from the BMW website.....LOL Geez, what does BMW do, add 10 cm in length 1 cm in width , and $10k for each series? LOLOL.......BMW is known as the Ultimate Selling Machine. Now the new i8 concept is different, but the M8.....just an elongated 6 series....LOL

To me, the Taycan is starting to look better as more and more of the camouflage is coming off.

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... BMWlineU

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... TaycanFromAbove

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I understand your point on the BMW'S.
I like the aggressive styling of the Taycan concept. The 918 concept was 85% of the production car. I hope it will be the same for the Taycan. I believe that if it looks like an electric Panamera, a lot of people will ask for their deposits back. That is my opinion.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand your point on the BMW'S.
I like the aggressive styling of the Taycan concept. The 918 concept was 85% of the production car. I hope it will be the same for the Taycan. I believe that if it looks like an electric Panamera, a lot of people will ask for their deposits back. That is my opinion.
Here are some comparative side by side photos. posted previously on this website One member photoshopped the color and wheels. The latest mules look more an more like the concept. 85% similar is probably close to accurate. The rear lights and indentation is still hidden in the mules.

Color and wheels have a huge impact on your perception. Undoubtedly however, the from fenders and rear quarter panels have been toned down. I think in the rear primarily for the practical purpose to give more passenger room making it possible to be a 5 passenger vehicle.

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... taycanWhiteMule

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... Mission E vs Taycan Production

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. Looks great! The back picture shows that aggressive stance. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!
Sponsored