dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wow! It is a fantastic car. Even my wife, who was not especially keen, conceded it’s beautiful.

Some initial thoughts:

Don’t get me wrong, this is a seriously fast car but I’m used to relatively fast cars so the speed hasn’t blown me away. However, the way in which the car glides to and maintains high speed is so composed and probably a little driving licence endangering without care.

I haven’t had much chance to throw it around corners but I have nothing but confidence and a few clear roundabouts has only helped confirm what I already knew about the car.

I know Sports Sound isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I must admit that I really like it and the kids even more so. I think that it adds something to the experience even if it is a bit gimmicky for some people’s tastes.

Not exactly a surprise but it is a big car. It is very nimble but I am so glad I added the 360 parking view that has already helped me fit into supermarket car parking spaces and parallel parking.

No regrets about ordering the standard white and likewise the partial leather interior. With the gloss black trims and those little flecks of red from the callipers and the door stickers I think it looks great. I added Bordeaux red seat belts (that are darker than I was expecting and certainly darker than the configurator led me to believe) and with the ambient lighting set to red it gives a real sporty feel. Yes the extended leather would be a step-up but the standard interior is still excellent.
Range is probably my biggest concern. Maybe it’s because I’m used to my Tesla telling me porkies about how many miles it will do but I was nevertheless surprised to see, on a full charge, the car estimating only 209 miles. I understand this will improve as the car learns my driving style but I am finding it hard to believe the car will gradually creep into the mid-high 200’s even with conservative driving.

One final thing. It’s listed on my list of equipment on MyPorsche but it seems I never got the memo about the electric steering column adjustment not being fitted so I’m a little disappointed given I’d spec’d the 14 way comfort seats thinking this was part of the package. Is it right that you can’t get this on the 4S at the moment?

I do, however, seem to have got comfort doors and boot opening that I didn’t spec so every cloud and all that. I just hope it doesn’t get removed at a future software update!

I must add that the Norwich Porsche Centre and my salesperson, James Ulph, have been brilliant throughout. Always very responsive even with silly questions, I had several test drives which they were happy for me to have a car for 3-4 hours if required and they set realistic expectations about delivery from the from the start.

Porsche Taycan My 4S CT - It’s here! 023319BE-A207-4326-A995-1B343C84AE04

Porsche Taycan My 4S CT - It’s here! 3D4CDAC7-3E3D-4269-94F2-F1EDA2CA5DFB

Last edited:
OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Wow! It is a fantastic car. Even my wife, who was not especially keen, conceded it’s beautiful.

Some initial thoughts:

Don’t get me wrong, this is a seriously fast car but I’m used to relatively fast cars so the speed hasn’t blown me away. However, the way in which the car glides to and maintains high speed is so composed and probably a little driving licence endangering without care.

I haven’t had much chance to throw it around corners but I have nothing but confidence and a few clear roundabouts has only helped confirm what I already knew about the car.

I know Sports Sound isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I must admit that I really like it and the kids even more so. I think that it adds something to the experience even if it is a bit gimmicky for some people’s tastes.

Not exactly a surprise but it is a big car. It is very nimble but I am so glad I added the 360 parking view that has already helped me fit into a supermarket car parking spaces and parallel parking.

No regrets about ordering the standard white and likewise the partial leather interior. With the gloss black trims and those little flecks of red from the callipers and the door stickers I think it looks great. I added Bordeaux red seat belts (that are darker than I was expecting and certainly darker than the configurator led me to believe) and with the ambient lighting set to red it gives a real sporty feel. Yes the extended leather would be a step-up but the standard interior is still excellent.

Range is probably my biggest concern. Maybe it’s because I’m used to my Tesla telling me porkies about how many miles it will do but I was nevertheless surprised to see, on a full charge, the car estimating only 209 miles. I understand this will improve as the car learns my driving style but I am finding it hard to believe the car will gradually creep into the mid-high 200’s even with conservative driving.

One final thing. It’s listed on my list of equipment on MyPorsche but it seems I never got the memo about the electric steering column adjustment not being fitted so I’m a little disappointed given I’d spec’d the 14 way comfort seats thinking this was part of the package. Is it right that you can’t get this on the 4S at the moment?

I do, however, seem to have got comfort doors and boot opening that I didn’t spec so every cloud and all that. I just hope it doesn’t get removed at a future software update!

023319BE-A207-4326-A995-1B343C84AE04.jpeg

3D4CDAC7-3E3D-4269-94F2-F1EDA2CA5DFB.jpeg

Really nice car! What was your build date?

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
a post like this needs its obligatory photos spam too please :D
Really nice car! What was your build date?
Not sure on the precise date but was advised on 12th October it was due to be built that week and informed it was delivered to the Porsche Centre, Norwich on 7th November.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Not sure on the precise date but was advised on 12th October it was due to be built that week and informed it was delivered to the Porsche Centre, Norwich on 7th November.
With that date, they probably should have told you about the comfort access…..

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Mine was 200 miles on a full charge when I picked it up in Jan. Give it a 1000 miles to condition the battery. A full charge is now 250 miles. I am happy with that.

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine was 200 miles on a full charge when I picked it up in Jan. Give it a 1000 miles to condition the battery. A full charge is now 250 miles. I am happy with that.
Good to know. Thanks

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Congrats ;)

About range, don't stress too much, i had a M3P before and the Taycan 4S got a better range at highway speed (90 mph) despite what marketing says ;)

And it charges way faster too, i don't even miss netflix :CWL:

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Congrats ;)

About range, don't stress too much, i had a M3P before and the Taycan 4S got a better range at highway speed (90 mph) despite what marketing says ;)

I’ve never trusted the Tesla range to the extent I just stick on on % rather than miles available. Based on my limited experience with the Taycan, I have already noticed it seems to under promise and over deliver on range and that’s got to be a good thing.

My kids love the careoke in the Tesla so not having it is a real blessing 🙉

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Congrats on the car and it looks great! It looks like you also had nice weather for your delivery day. Always a plus! :like:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats ;)

M3P is a gateway drug for the Taycan the way an M3 used to lead you right into a 911.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
That's what mine did too, except it's now back down around 200 miles (6000 miles on clock). :confused:
Not happy with that!
Sponsored