jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
My car’s SIM card seems to have died... no connectivity for the last few days.

It did work before, but now I can no longer see the car in any of the apps - seems it can’t connect to the web.

Until they sort the WiFi bug I assume there’s no other way of getting it online...

Can I reboot the system somehow?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car’s SIM card seems to have died... no connectivity for the last few days.

It did work before, but now I can no longer see the car in any of the apps - seems it can’t connect to the web.

Until they sort the WiFi bug I assume there’s no other way of getting it online...

Can I reboot the system somehow?
You are not alone! I have exactly the same issue here in the south east of France. I am not sure it is the SIM card, but rather something to do with the Porsche servers? Seems this is an issue that happens every now and then.

OP
OP

jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
Aha...!

Nkarakala

First Name
Nithin karakala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I have the same problem. First could not login for 2 days. Now can’t access any over the net programs including the app connectivity, Apple Music and May other things that need internet connectivity. Called the Porsche support and was informed they have had numerous complaints over the last few days with the same problem.

TobiZH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo. Model X P100D
Country flag
I have the exact same issue since 2 weeks!
Have an appointment for software update at the dealership in 2 weeks only...
Not the best service, I think.

OP
OP

jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
Not sure if this is related or a complete coincidence, but I went to the porsche connect store today (attempting to get the 6 months apple music - but that failed - wrong code for the UK store I think) - and it invited me to "activate" porsche connect services, free for 3 years.

I did that, and also signed up for the Porsche Charging system (free for 12 months i think, plus any usage costs).

Now, my sim in the car seems to be working again.

Like I said.. could be a red herring but worth checking out to see if it resolves anyone else's issues.

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Same problem here in Bulgaria. For two weeks now, no connection to the car through the app or through the site. Yesterday it started sending data again to the app (an update to the app came through, which I think was connected). Now everything works again?

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
It would appear that US customers are having similar issues - at least I did this past weekend when I took delivery of my car.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I think it is all over. I believe Porsche have some very serious issues with their servers.

My Connections went down and disappeared on the 12 June and I sent a request to Porsche Connect support! I got an answer today! Yes the servers were down but everything is fine now. Have a good day.

Porsche really needs to pull their socks up! Pity on such a fantastic car that the system around it just does not work.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The Porsche Connect app is working again (I just found out, it wasn't working an hour ago so they are finished now, I think...).
It has bugfixes as per 19th June.
I had problems too so now I uninstalled and reinstalled the Connect app.
It seem to work better now.

TobiZH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo. Model X P100D
Country flag
Please read my messages.
Thanks. :)
Sorry
Was not sure it was working after all. I was in a call with the Helpdesk again yesterday for 45 minutes without any success. That is why I was wondering if your case was solved or they only gave you that general info...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Sorry
Was not sure it was working after all. I was in a call with the Helpdesk again yesterday for 45 minutes without any success. That is why I was wondering if your case was solved or they only gave you that general info...
Cases like this always need time.
At least they reply or keep you informed.
With my BMW it took years to get the whole system working so I'm ok with Porsche's effort.
For me it works quite good, also depending on area I'm in.
At least I can send profiles to the car and see my soc.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
My Taycan 4S was delivered last Saturday. Was told by the dealer today, who was told directly by a Porsche rep, that WiFi/Hotspot will not be available in Taycans until Nov. 2021 possibly sooner. Here in USA anyway.

Any truth to this?? Makes no sense to me. I was initially told on Saturday that Porsche is moving to Verizon from AT&T and that was what the delay in getting WiFi is and should be available soon. Not so, as of today - if true. Why would the bar code display for the phone app to scan for WiFi when it's not available, at all?

I think there are real growing pains in dealers understanding all the intricacies of this car - mainly due to the Covid shutdown and dealers missing training sessions on the Taycan. I had to point out things to the dealer I was told did not exist in the car - ie; the only way to shut off the car is to hold the on/off button for 3-5 seconds, not knowing that once Park is pressed, exit the vehicle and hit the lock button, the key the car shuts off.
Sponsored