Porsche connectivity renewal

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So $8.25 a month from Porsche gets you what costs $7 a month from EA?
And maybe that means you are billed charging costs by MyPorsche instead of being billed by EA?
Anyway thank you @ciaranob for following up.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
@ciaranob this appears to be simply a “de-discounted” (or whatever is the opposite of a ‘saving’) form of EA’s standard Pass+ plan. That is, instead of paying EA 7$/month, one pays Porsche 100$/year. 🤷🏻‍♂️
IMG_1036.jpeg
Yeah this is what is perplexing with their description.

Does PCSP offer something else (maybe a guaranteed fixed rate vs EA's 'about 25%' rate) or is the extra $1.25 a month just Porsche tax?

Why would anyone pay for PCSP since PnC available free pt. forward to an EA Pass+ account - weird!

All a bit moot for me as I do 99% of my charging at home - use DC only on vacation trips that are rare enough that it doesn't even warrant me signing up for Pass+!

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@WasserGKuehlt @Tooney

Another quick response but still lacking clarity imo (see attached below) i.e. despite their response in ref to PnC as 'free' in the prior letter from Porsche, I now suspect that PnC will not actually be available via EA's Pass+ standalone account. Would be nice to 100% confirm this but I'm worn out asking :)!

However this would make a bit more sense in that Porsche Charge Service Premium would then
1) provide an EA Pass+ subscription with reduced pricing AND
2) Exclusively offer PnC (at $1.25 per month addl cost).

EA's Pass+ account in isolation still requires a user to use their phone to initiate a charge (waving it over the reader and then swiping to initiate a charge) vs the simpler PnC approach.

Extract from my follow-up question to Porsche:

Quote "
EA Pass+ last I checked is $7 per month, $84 per annum, with 25% discount offered.
So, if PnC is available regardless of service used after 3 years of ownership, does the Porsche Charging Service Premium, also with 25% discount, offer something in addition to the EA Pass+ coupled with PnC?"

Unquote.

Response:

Porsche Taycan Porsche connectivity renewal Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 7.31.10 AM

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
@WasserGKuehlt @Tooney

Another quick response but still lacking clarity imo (see attached below) i.e. despite their response in ref to PnC as 'free' in the prior letter from Porsche, I now suspect that PnC will not actually be available via EA's Pass+ standalone account. Would be nice to 100% confirm this but I'm worn out asking :)!

However this would make a bit more sense in that Porsche Charge Service Premium would then
1) provide an EA Pass+ subscription with reduced pricing AND
2) Exclusively offer PnC (at $1.25 per month addl cost).

EA's Pass+ account in isolation still requires a user to use their phone to initiate a charge (waving it over the reader and then swiping to initiate a charge) vs the simpler PnC approach.

Extract from my follow-up question to Porsche:

Quote "
EA Pass+ last I checked is $7 per month, $84 per annum, with 25% discount offered.
So, if PnC is available regardless of service used after 3 years of ownership, does the Porsche Charging Service Premium, also with 25% discount, offer something in addition to the EA Pass+ coupled with PnC?"

Unquote.

Response:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 7.31.10 AM.png
I see nothing in any of these communications that justifies a premium over the EA subscription.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see nothing in any of these communications that justifies a premium over the EA subscription.
Agree but if I’ve read it correctly PnC might only be available via the Porsche service and if that’s a must-have might’ve be worth it for some vs using Phone at station with EA - but the latter really is NBD especially if like me you rarely DC charge - neither EA nor Porsche’s subscription services would be worth it for the amount of DC travel I currently do.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Agree but if I’ve read it correctly PnC might only be available via the Porsche service and if that’s a must-have might’ve be worth it for some vs using Phone at station with EA - but the latter really is NBD especially if like me you rarely DC charge - neither EA nor Porsche’s subscription services would be worth it for the amount of DC travel I currently do.
@ciaranob I'm reading the above to mean that:
- PnC is built into the car - it's just "protocol", in that it will always work as long as you have an active Porsche Charging subscription;
- a subscription means you have an identity with Porsche (including a credit card), which is billed for the cost of charging sessions initiated via PnC
- once the free period ends, the subscription entitles you to standard/Guest EA pricing
- the Porsche "premium" subscription is exactly as you/they said: EA Pass+ pricing via Porsche

If you have an EA Pass+ sub and the standard Porsche sub, you'll be paying guest pricing if PnC, and preferred price if activating from the EA app. If you try and do both (plug in and scan the app/phone), it's unclear who wins but IME the session will fail to initialize/you have to unplug and restart. (It's happened..)

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
I have one for the Forum. My connectivity expired on Feb 16th. Porsche emailed me reminders and on Feb 7th or so, I renewed. Porsche told me they received the renewal and the website shows my services are up until 2025. So all good.

Of course not. On Feb 16th ½ of the services stopped, Charging, Apple Music, Spotify, Internet Radio, etc. The website tells me they are active until 2025 and the app tells me the same thing. The car tells me I dont have a contract for charging and cant use them or it tells me function not available depending on what I try.

I had to create my own account and pay full price in the meantime. Car tells me I don't have a contract and EA says the same. But website and app tell me I do.

I reseted the account and no luck. I delete my account on the car and created it again and no luck. I tried to relink Apple Music account but the car says is not possible. I unliked Apple Music from the app and the car still refused. I disconnected Apple Music from the Porsche account and connected it again and the car failed again. Took it to the dealer and the person who manages the software around PCM and accounts did all of that too… and failed, Dealer has no idea because their records (that I can’t access) say all is fine and i am fully connected and have all services until 2025. The car says, hold my beer and flips me the finger.

Any ideas???

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have one for the Forum. My connectivity expired on Feb 16th. Porsche emailed me reminders and on Feb 7th or so, I renewed. Porsche told me they received the renewal and the website shows my services are up until 2025. So all good.

Of course not. On Feb 16th ½ of the services stopped, Charging, Apple Music, Spotify, Internet Radio, etc. The website tells me they are active until 2025 and the app tells me the same thing. The car tells me I dont have a contract for charging and cant use them or it tells me function not available depending on what I try.

I had to create my own account and pay full price in the meantime. Car tells me I don't have a contract and EA says the same. But website and app tell me I do.

I reseted the account and no luck. I delete my account on the car and created it again and no luck. I tried to relink Apple Music account but the car says is not possible. I unliked Apple Music from the app and the car still refused. I disconnected Apple Music from the Porsche account and connected it again and the car failed again. Took it to the dealer and the person who manages the software around PCM and accounts did all of that too… and failed, Dealer has no idea because their records (that I can’t access) say all is fine and i am fully connected and have all services until 2025. The car says, hold my beer and flips me the finger.

Any ideas???
Can you remote in/connect to the car from Myporsche website and app?
(And see SoC, locked/unlocked, mileage, etc?)
Does the PCM show the LTE symbol meaning the car has a datacomm connection?
I take it you can login to your account on the PCM?

When you check PCM > Settings > Privacy & Porsche Connect > Overview of Porsche Connect settings, what does it show about the services? Any of them active?

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Can you remote in/connect to the car from Myporsche website and app?
(And see SoC, locked/unlocked, mileage, etc?)
Does the PCM show the LTE symbol meaning the car has a datacomm connection?
I take it you can login to your account on the PCM?

When you check PCM > Settings > Privacy & Porsche Connect > Overview of Porsche Connect settings, what does it show about the services? Any of them active?
Yes to all of that. Car finder works, pcm connection works, Apple Maps with battery info works. Is only charging and entertainment that doesn’t work. All else works both from app and from website.

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes to all of that. At finder works, pcm connection works, Apple Maps with battery info works. Is only charging and entertainment that doesn’t work. All else works both from app and from website.
My suggestion would be to ask the dealer to follow-up, with PCNA since dealer has records that you are signed up and can probably expedite resolution with PCNA.
If not, contact PCNA yourself and request they fix it. They will probably want photos of the PCM showing it says some services don't work. If they don't get back to you right away, keep phoning them back daily till it is fixed.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My suggestion would be to ask the dealer to follow-up, with PCNA since dealer has records that you are signed up and can probably expedite resolution with PCNA.
If not, contact PCNA yourself and request they fix it. They will probably want photos of the PCM showing it says some services don't work. If they don't get back to you right away, keep phoning them back till it is fixed.
My dealer is following up with them. they are puzzled by the issue (not the first time) After 3 years of software issues, my expectations are very low. That’s why I’m trying the Forum. Thanks!!!! ☺

JK2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes. I did loose the abillity in the app (car older than 3 years).
I was forced to renew Porsche connect deal to get it all back.
I recently purchased a used 2020 Taycan and downloaded the My Porsche app but did not subscribe to Porsche connect. I am able to send the signal through the app to pre-heat my car, but can't use Charging, Alarms, or Car Finder. Of all of those the Precool/heat is the most useful to me, so I'm happy. Not sure why it isn't working for others, or why it is working for me.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer is following up with them. they are puzzled by the issue (not the first time) After 3 years of software issues, my expectations are very low. That’s why I’m trying the Forum. Thanks!!!! ☺
Things look fine from your account and the car. You are in Porsche Connect back-end hell. Good luck.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Any ideas???
@Alemany Any progress on resolution? If/when the service is restored please let us know how it was resolved.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Alemany Any progress on resolution? If/when the service is restored please let us know how it was resolved.
No resolution yet. Porsche asked for screen shots after a few days, I sent them. Then they came back a few days later with “the possible solution”, which was EXACTLY what we had already done with the dealer expert, which was shared with them… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Then a few days later they asked if I had renewed the services 🤦🏻‍♂️x 2! So I sent them the order renewal number with the date. Still waiting. This is unbelievable!

When (if) they fix it, I will post here the solution….
Sponsored