Today’s discovery. Innodrive speed adjustment

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I read a lot of posts about not being able to adjust the speed when innodrive is selected on. Well today I discovered that you can. There is a setting to adjust upto 10mph over Speed limit and then you just set innodrive and then move the cruise stalk up to add mph. I set 62 which was gps 60mph for my drive home from my free charge up and dog walk today. Happy days
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Do you have the lane keep assist Russ? I’m keen to know if it keeps centre of the lane? I’ve read it does, even one guy posted it steered round a roundabout!

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Do you have the lane keep assist Russ? I’m keen to know if it keeps centre of the lane? I’ve read it does, even one guy posted it steered round a roundabout!
Yep, it works great, it’s actually pretty good as long as the road Markings are good. It nags if you take your hand off the wheel though( after 5 seconds or some) it’s a very relaxing drive if all the automatics are engaged.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, it works great, it’s actually pretty good as long as the road Markings are good. It nags if you take your hand off the wheel though( after 5 seconds or some) it’s a very relaxing drive if all the automatics are engaged.
I think someone also said to turn lane keeping as that doesn’t work to good with Innodrive. Need to test it out.

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
I do not have Innodrive, just LKA, and it’s terrible. It is the worst implementation of LKA in any of our vehicles, past or present. Bolt much better, Cadillac Escalade better, GMC Denali much better, Subaru Outback is the best of the bunch by far.

There is zero chance my Taycan would properly navigate a roundabout In its current iteration. There are times it struggles to keep me between a dashed yellow and a solid white in a straight line. With the exception of the current connect issues, LKA is by far my biggest disappointment with the Taycan.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not have Innodrive, just LKA, and it’s terrible. It is the worst implementation of LKA in any of our vehicles, past or present. Bolt much better, Cadillac Escalade better, GMC Denali much better, Subaru Outback is the best of the bunch by far.

There is zero chance my Taycan would properly navigate a roundabout In its current iteration. There are times it struggles to keep me between a dashed yellow and a solid white in a straight line. With the exception of the current connect issues, LKA is by far my biggest disappointment with the Taycan.
I think lane keep assist is different to active lane keeping. With active lane keeping to can set an offset from centre of the road & it will keep the car in that offset.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I read a lot of posts about not being able to adjust the speed when innodrive is selected on. Well today I discovered that you can. There is a setting to adjust upto 10mph over Speed limit and then you just set innodrive and then move the cruise stalk up to add mph. I set 62 which was gps 60mph for my drive home from my free charge up and dog walk today. Happy days
Not sure if this is the same but the issue for me is that on the next speed change sign it will drop exactly to the speed limit, not to the “over” the speed difference I had. So if I am doing say 78 in 70 and it sees 60 it drops 18 mph. This is the issue.

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Not sure if this is the same but the issue for me is that on the next speed change sign it will drop exactly to the speed limit, not to the “over” the speed difference I had. So if I am doing say 78 in 70 and it sees 60 it drops 18 mph. This is the issue.
Ok, not check this to see what it does. I will do some testing but I guess it will do the same As you.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Ok, not check this to see what it does. I will do some testing but I guess it will do the same As you.
And occasionally it will have some speed change in the Nav database, and will drop speed to that new limit. I swear I didn’t see any signs. Want to accidentally piss off the driver behind you? Yeah. That’s exactly what happens. Multiple times.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
And occasionally it will have some speed change in the Nav database, and will drop speed to that new limit.
And sometimes the database will tell it that there's a stop sign, when there isn't one, and suddenly you're braking to a stop...

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And sometimes the database will tell it that there's a stop sign, when there isn't one, and suddenly you're braking to a stop...
Unless to press the accelerator and override the adaptive cruise.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
There's actually a setting (don't ask me where, can I can't remember), where you can put the limit much higher than the speed limit. I think mine is 20 above. However, your future tickets are not my fault! :)

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
There's actually a setting (don't ask me where, can I can't remember), where you can put the limit much higher than the speed limit. I think mine is 20 above. However, your future tickets are not my fault! :)
I think that is for warning purposes only and does not apply to Innodrive speed adjustment.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
It does, pretty well. Like the Tesla, however, it needs to pick up both sides of the road, or it doesn't work.
Sponsored