Adaptive speed limiter adjustment

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I have a Taycan CT MY22 with Innodrive and I greatly enjoy the adaptive Speed limiter (which adjusts the cruise control speed automatically based on traffic signs). It works so much smoother than my iPace MY21 ever did. The iPace however (from memory, it could have been another car can’t be sure) had a function to adjust the adaptive speed limiter. You could instruct the car to go speed limit + arbitrary adjustment up to ±10km/h. So for instance I could have the ASL set to +4kmh so that when I get in a 80km/h zone, the ASL would set to 84km/h, etc.

Is this offset/adjustment at all possible with the Porsche system?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a Taycan CT MY22 with Innodrive and I greatly enjoy the adaptive Speed limiter (which adjusts the cruise control speed automatically based on traffic signs). It works so much smoother than my iPace MY21 ever did. The iPace however (from memory, it could have been another car can’t be sure) had a function to adjust the adaptive speed limiter. You could instruct the car to go speed limit + arbitrary adjustment up to ±10km/h. So for instance I could have the ASL set to +4kmh so that when I get in a 80km/h zone, the ASL would set to 84km/h, etc.

Is this offset/adjustment at all possible with the Porsche system?
You can adjust it.

When the limiter is active then simply push the control stalk forward briefly for 1 km/h increments or press and hold for 6 km/h increments. To reduce pull the stalk backward. You should see a +/- indicator next to the maximum speed.

Max speed is set:

Porsche Taycan Adaptive speed limiter adjustment 1641903057414

Further refinement also possible for 'Adoption of speed limits':

Porsche Taycan Adaptive speed limiter adjustment 1641903090422

In addition to this you can set up to 2 personal speed limits

Porsche Taycan Adaptive speed limiter adjustment 1641903179803

I actually don't like this feature in general as I have been caught out several times when the camera has either misread the speed limit or the mapping data is incorrect. Sudden changes in speed can't be safe in my book. Perhaps I need to experiment more and use only in town where our limits are 20 mph mostly.

OP
OP
tutis

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
You can adjust it.

When the limiter is active then simply push the control stalk forward briefly for 1 km/h increments or press and hold for 6 km/h increments. To reduce pull the stalk backward. You should see a +/- indicator next to the maximum speed.

Max speed is set:

1641903057414.png

Further refinement also possible for 'Adoption of speed limits':

1641903090422.png

In addition to this you can set up to 2 personal speed limits

1641903179803.png

I actually don't like this feature in general as I have been caught out several times when the camera has either misread the speed limit or the mapping data is incorrect. Sudden changes in speed can't be safe in my book. Perhaps I need to experiment more and use only in town where our limits are 20 mph mostly.
Thanks for this. I know about the manual adjustments with the stalk to adjust the cruise control, I am wondering however if this can be automatically done. So that for example it always automatically goes to 84km/h when reading a 80km/h sign, and without need for me to adjust manually each time.

I always set the cruise control a few km/h above the speed limit as there is a tolerance with the speed traps (and I don't mind getting caught every now and then for being just above that tolerance – but it's only happened once when driving 130km/h on 120km/h speed limit. )

Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for this. I know about the manual adjustments with the stalk to adjust the cruise control, I am wondering however if this can be automatically done. So that for example it always automatically goes to 84km/h when reading a 80km/h sign, and without need for me to adjust manually each time.

I always set the cruise control a few km/h above the speed limit as there is a tolerance with the speed traps (and I don't mind getting caught every now and then for being just above that tolerance – but it's only happened once when driving 130km/h on 120km/h speed limit. )

Thanks
Sorry, I don't think there is an automatic path (no option to set one) and manual only.