Uk Delivery Updates

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Mine has arrived at the dealer this morning - will be picking up early next week - at last!
Once you have gotten over the excitement, please post some pic's as mine, which is STILL at Emden, is also Dolomite Silver Metallic
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Looks stunning.... go and enjoy before national lockdown #2 starts !
Please, not another national lockdown! I head our first minister was preparing to close the Scottish borders to keep you guys outa Scotland with your taycans....

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Another lockdown would cause unrepairable damage. People are now questioning whether a lockdown was even necessary looking at the number of successful businesses having to fold and people being made unemployed.

Could we have just carried on as normal with 2M distancing rather than completely closing the country. Hmmmmmm

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Another lockdown would cause unrepairable damage. People are now questioning whether a lockdown was even necessary looking at the number of successful businesses having to fold and people being made unemployed.

Could we have just carried on as normal with 2M distancing rather than completely closing the country. Hmmmmmm
Let's not go there in this forum PLEASE!!

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Sorrychaps, been mad busy and it’s rained every day since getting the car.

I’ve done about 70 miles and in a word it’s ace.

I had a 911 before this and the acceleration at all speeds is nothing but outstanding.

I’ll take some good interior slots as soon as it’s dry.

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi @Austin_yeahbaby how are you enjoying the car? Would love some interior shots when you get a chance - I’ve ordered Crayon/Black but haven’t seen many, of any, photos of that interior. Cheers

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has now existed Emden yesterday. Not showing at Grimsby yet, so assume it is off the boat, waiting to be scanned as arrived? maybe? Who knows.....

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Hi @Austin_yeahbaby how are you enjoying the car? Would love some interior shots when you get a chance - I’ve ordered Crayon/Black but haven’t seen many, of any, photos of that interior. Cheers

A couple of pictures below....

I’ve literally been maxed out this week, I took the car to the lakes for the day for a drive but not much use besides that.

Now I’ve been waitting for this car a while, read everything out there, watched all the reviews, saw it in person last September at the launch in Frankfurt so a little bit of the sparkle has gone away after waiting sooooo long but a couple of very small thoughts.

Acceleration is great - coming from back to back 911s and this is just quick at all speeds :like:

Launch control - No idea, never tried it yet, it’s quick enough for my needs.

innodrive - some love, some hate - I think it’s great for the daily slog wittraffic, roadworks etc - the lane centre, adaptive speed control and stop start traffic is perfect for my use.

interior - still love the interior after seeing it for the first time in Frankfurt lat September

Track control - no previous track on steering wheel - come on Porsche.

BOSE - Again, glad I upgraded and sound meets my requirements.

PCM - it’s ok.... the layout is a bit clunky, icon spacing rubbish and the overall UX is not polished, oh it’s way too fiddly pressing icons near the bottom a]of the display as there is not much space to get your hand near the screen due to the dashboard.

Usb sockets in front - now this drives me nuts - if you plug in a USB cable to the front section then it has no way of being routed out of the Console without the cable being crushed when you close the lid. It would have literally taken 5 extra design minutes to leave a cable exit point so you can have your phone charging without being stuck in the centre console.

Sports sound - personal choice but again I like it. I don’t like that I have to turn it on every time I start the car,

colour is not great the pictures below, I would say it’s slightly greyer than it looks from these pictures, these make it look beige and it’s definite not that. I’m really happy With the colour.
Shout with any other questions.
Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates FD0BEC45-7A3B-43B9-9A8A-E7026EFB99B1
Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates ACA1A563-11E0-41D6-B703-07DC89DE7A8F
Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates E4099642-A1EA-4D11-A384-373363452A76

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Your interior colour scheme is really nice. Not jealous at all.......

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great colour inside the car. Nice touch with the leather running along the doors. Same as mine, first real world pictures I have seen.

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Loving the interior - great colour combo - thanks for sharing.

How are you finding the standard seats @Austin_yeahbaby ? I’ve ordered those too.
Sponsored

Last edited: