pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E Class Coupe, Taycan due Oct
Country flag
How long does it take (roughly) for the car to be delivered once a build slot is confirmed. Dealer states they are only allocated a certain number of build slots and that mine is the "next one"!

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
How long does it take (roughly) for the car to be delivered once a build slot is confirmed. Dealer states they are only allocated a certain number of build slots and that mine is the "next one"!
almost impossible to quote at the moment due to COVID and other delays. Mine was originally quoted at around 8-10 weeks after build lock to delivery, it took 5 months in the end.

pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
almost impossible to quote at the moment due to COVID and other delays. Mine was originally quoted at around 8-10 weeks after build lock to delivery, it took 5 months in the end.
Thanks. TBH, I was expecting 6 months. They're saying I'll have it in October...but now I don't think so! Put a deposit in Feb, was waiting for the Taycan launch event at local dealer end of march to confirm spec. Covid hit and here we all are!

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Depends how long you like your string :)
I ordered my Turbo on day 1 (Sept '19) should have been on my driveway March '20..... missed the last boat just before lockdown and it is still is not on my drive!
It has now however, moved from the storage site to Emden, so some progress.
Having just done the Tayan Porsche experience at Silverstone, I'm "Hoping" to take delivery by the end of this month.

pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered my Turbo on day 1 (Sept '19) should have been on my driveway March '20..... missed the last boat just before lockdown and it is still is not on my drive!
Having just done the Tayan Porsche experience at Silverstone, I'm "Hoping" to take delivery by the end of this month.
Fingers crossed for you!

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Are you still prepared to take it at the minute?

If the car turns up in August you’ll only have a month on a 20 plate!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Mine is at the dealership being pdi’d and having the ceramic coating. Expecting pickup Thursday. The car was ordered November. It’s been a long, long wait. Now having seen it and sat in it I’m starting to believe I’ll soon be driving it.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Mine is at the dealership being pdi’d and having the ceramic coating. Expecting pickup Thursday. The car was ordered November. It’s been a long, long wait. Now having seen it and sat in it I’m starting to believe I’ll soon be driving it.
I bet Thursday can not come soon enough for you...... :)

Would you mind sharing what the cost is the cost of the ceramic coating ?

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Still prepared to take it at the moment...... absolutely, it is beautifully engineered beast of perfection and a joy to drive.

I have already instructed my dealership NOT to register the car until 1 September, which they have agreed too. A process that I am in control of, as I have a private plate that is going on to "her"

Her name is Evie (EV :) ) BTW...... meaning "Life" !!:like:

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Still prepared to take it at the moment...... absolutely, it is beautifully engineered beast of perfection and a joy to drive.

I have already instructed my dealership NOT to register the car until 1 September, which they have agreed too. A process that I am in control of, as I have a private plate that is going on to "her"

Her name is Evie (EV :) ) BTW...... meaning "Life" !!:like:
That’s fair enough then. My car has been changed to ‘some point in July’ now and I’m busy for all of August so won’t take delivery during that month so will be keen to see how they manage it.

I won’t be happy if it’s registered on a 20 plate in August.

Eddie

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I picked up my Turbo on Wednesday from Exeter. Colour seems to be a popular choice but I have not seen many with the wheels that I have. Still getting my head around the car and the endless power!
Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates 20200715_152512
Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates MyCar
Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates 20200715_153304

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I picked up my Turbo on Wednesday from Exeter. Colour seems to be a popular choice but I have not seen many with the wheels that I have. Still getting my head around the car and the endless power!
20200715_152512.jpg
MyCar.png
20200715_153304.jpg
Nice pal
thats where mine is sat ready for collection