jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
To me the Taycan height looks fine with the regular steel springs.
I would not want to lower it temporarily (with air suspension) or permanently (shorter steel springs). And take the risk to damage the car.
The regular height looks fine and works well on regular roads. And the default suspension has a good balance between comfort and performance.

Never change a winning plan.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
To me the Taycan height looks fine with the regular steel springs.
I would not want to lower it temporarily (with air suspension) or permanently (shorter steel springs). And take the risk to damage the car.
The regular height looks fine and works well on regular roads. And the default suspension has a good balance between comfort and performance.

Never change a winning plan.
Risk of damage? My RWD has air suspension and wouldn't want the car without it. I always drive it in the lowest setting. It's not too low and fine as long as you don't run into things or go into parking lot at 50mph. Good thing is if one needs extra height the air has a great lifted mode - I use it for wheel well cleaning. Reason the higher models have it standard.

What do you mean change a winning plan? What plan?

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Risk of damage? My RWD has air suspension and wouldn't want the car without it. I always drive it in the lowest setting. It's not too low and fine as long as you don't run into things or go into parking lot at 50mph. Good thing is if one needs extra height the air has a great lifted mode - I use it for wheel well cleaning. Reason the higher models have it standard.

What do you mean change a winning plan? What plan?
Maybe you have better roads in your area. Where I live, I would not want to lower the car. It will surely touch speed bumps.

What I mean with the winning plan is that the default height is quite optimally balancing the looks and the practicality. (just heigh enough to not touch speed bumps). I would not start changing something that is well balanced. At least for the roads I drive on.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Maybe you have better roads in your area. Where I live, I would not want to lower the car. It will surely touch speed bumps.

What I mean with the winning plan is that the default height is quite optimally balancing the looks and the practicality. (just heigh enough to not touch speed bumps). I would not start changing something that is well balanced. At least for the roads I drive on.
Yeah the roads in my area are terrible and I'm lowered on a CETE module and it's fine. Lift for speed bumps, everything else is fine.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Suspension has 3 settings - all good for all types of scenarios. I wouldn't change anything either as it's good the way it is for me (i.e. lowering beyond factory lowest setting)

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Have you received and installed the kit?
Got the kit! It’s beautiful. Going to likely sell it; trading up from static to an air equipped taycan.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Lowering this car seems like straight insanity to me.

- You lower the car, voiding the suspension warranty
- Because you're lower, you scrape the battery on a speed bump or pierce it with something, causing a fire
- Porsche says sorry, you were running a modified car lower than we tested it for

Consider that battery safety was engineered into the car as is and if you go off the reservation, you're taking a big chance.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Lowering this car seems like straight insanity to me.

- You lower the car, voiding the suspension warranty
- Because you're lower, you scrape the battery on a speed bump or pierce it with something, causing a fire
- Porsche says sorry, you were running a modified car lower than we tested it for

Consider that battery safety was engineered into the car as is and if you go off the reservation, you're taking a big chance.
Make sure that battery fire burns all evidence of aftermarket springs. 😉

JAhmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Cayenne GTS, 2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Got the kit! It’s beautiful. Going to likely sell it; trading up from static to an air equipped taycan.
Hey, by any chance did you already sell this kit? Would be interested in discussing as I am local to you...

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey, by any chance did you already sell this kit? Would be interested in discussing as I am local to you...
its avail and can make it a great and drama free deal for you.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If the black side skirts were the same color as the body, people probably wouldn't be thinking that they need to lower the car more. Optical illusion, same as what Ford did with the Mach E.

I hate road humps when I'm driving my Taycan. They're don't look really tall, while in actually they taller than most road bumps and given how long the Taycan is, you'll end up scraping the bottom. I always have to slow down enough to raise the suspension in order to clear them.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I ended up trading the Taycan in prior to the the coilover install. That being said, I still have those KWs and would sell them dirt cheap. :p
Sponsored