Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Anybody hear anything about Turbo allocations in the US ? I see a few folks have gotten build orders for the 4S.
Here's what I got from one of the largest dealerships in the midwest - just a couple days ago. They've received their allocation for Taycan and didn't get a Turbo S. They're working with the factory rep and will let me know as soon as they get one.
Sponsored

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
They sound fairly limited so far. Turbo allocations are just starting to become available. Just got the call last week so they are becoming available. Not sure on turbo S or 4S numbers.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
They sound fairly limited so far. Turbo allocations are just starting to become available. Just got the call last week so they are becoming available. Not sure on turbo S or 4S numbers.
Seems that 4S allocations are more readily available. My dealer called me late October to confirm that they had a 4S allocation for me. My Lock date was this past Monday (11-Nov), with actual production scheduled for December. Current delivery date is April 10, 2020.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I can not offer any help with US allocation but I am interested in when UK allocations will start and when will cars be in the uk?

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
I just went to my dealer, Porsche Perimeter Atlanta today. When I put my deposit down in January 2019, I was told I number 85 on the list. Today I was told there are 175 on a deposit list. Then I asked him for 4S allocations, and he said there was ONE spot left for a 4s delivery, expected July 2020! I didn't ask about Turbo and Turbo S. I imagine the second dealer in Atlanta, which is in a more upscale neighborhood, also has more than 170 on the waitlist, so that could be 350 from Atlanta alone! But I think Porsche is prioritizing Europe and China, both which are much bigger markets than the USA, plus the Trump tariffs are still a threat. And maybe Porsche is trying to maximize sales of the Turbo and Turbo S before mass producing the 4S. he also could not give a date when there will be a Taycan in the showroom, but said the Atlanta Experience Center has one. Going on vacation to Thailand and Maldives and will go to the AEC when I come back in December!

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
I can not offer any help with US allocation but I am interested in when UK allocations will start and when will cars be in the uk?
Porsche Leeds rang me on Saturday to say they’ve had there first 4s build slots allocated for January 2020 - but you had to take delivery in Feb/March

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Porsche Leeds and Porsche Hull have been given December 4S build slots for estimated March delivery.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Porsche Leeds and Porsche Hull have been given December 4S build slots for estimated March delivery.
Just got confirmation today that I had to finalize my specs in the next 5 days and expect delivery in Atlanta in March ! Very excited to pick it up and run the track at the Porsche facility in Atlanta and drive south to my home in Florida....should be a great ride ! Will update delivery date to exact date when known.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
How about Turbo or Turbo S allocations?
Just to repeat from two official Porsche sources from another thread (mine included). No Turbo S allocations yet. My guess is if you’re first on the list, plan on an April/May delivery at the earliest.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just to repeat from two official Porsche sources from another thread (mine included). No Turbo S allocations yet. My guess is if you’re first on the list, plan on an April/May delivery at the earliest.
Ok got production 10 februari and delivery 5-7 weeks. Number one on my dealers list..

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My sales adviser said they were under orders to deliver two Taycans by the end of the year. Another contact at the dealer said they expected Taycans by the end of the year. We'll see. She is going to PEC Atlanta for two days of Taycan training next month. I am interested in the base model so probably 2021 delivery.