Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I’m most shocked by the fact they fitted Cross Turismo rims on a sedan. I wish I could get those rims on my ST
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My i4 M50 has been getting 3.3+ on road trips consistently. I'm getting more range from it w it's smaller battery & additional weight than I did with my Taycan, and it's just as fast. Porsche is falling behind.

Anyway, that wing looks super out of place on the Taycan.
Just talk with an owner of i4 and said thst his consumption goes down to 12kwh/100km…average 16.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It may be no big deal when there are only a few, but I can’t imagine having enough chargers to support 40 EVs on track for a race, or even 20. Yes, batteries need to be improved, but I just don’t think EV racing/tracking will become mainstream until the batteries can be swapped quickly
batteries are never going to be swapped quickly

first, batteries are becoming structural chassis elements, as Tesla is showing. This offers significant weight savings and is much much more valuable to performance than hot swappable batteries.

second, the improvements to charging architecture will increase more rapidly than the progress on swapping batteries, making it moot. The Mission R prototype uses a 900V architecture and charges in 15 minutes. After that, one chemistry change (probably quite some time away) and you're basically at ICE fill up times

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
all this really tells me is that the Taycan is successful enough internally that Porsche is continuing to invest in the platform - they don't do test mules for products they don't care about…

there is nothing but good news in those pictures, and it has nothing to do with ring times, aero bits, or any functional differences real or perceived…

this EV thing is working out for Porsche and they see value in pushing it and iterating on it…

nothing but good news.

nothing worse than an abandoned product line…that's not the case here.
it almost outsold the 911. One of the Porsche execs (CFO? don't recall) bragged about how large the BEV premiums they could charge to their customers. So not much risk of abandoning the taycan.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
It’s the Taycan Turbo GT test mule

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
My i4 M50 has been getting 3.3+ on road trips consistently. I'm getting more range from it w it's smaller battery & additional weight than I did with my Taycan, and it's just as fast. Porsche is falling behind.

Anyway, that wing looks super out of place on the Taycan.
I get 3.3-3.7 on my Taycan 4S on long trips with standard battery but don't do as well around town where I always drive in sport mode (though not usually racing, I just hate the sluggishness if it starts in second and the transmission delayed shift to first when I stomp on it that makes me feel like I'm driving a dinosaur ICE mobile). I did get better efficiency out my Mustang Mach E (much slower RWD) and my Model 3 AWD+ (which was quicker to 60 if I don't engage launch mode on the Tycan about the same with launch but slower in 1/4 mile). While Model 3 and i4 are more practical, IMO neither looks half as good or handles close to as well as they Taycan. I do wish Porsche put a proper motor in the rear and eliminated the two speed transmission though!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.