PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm getting 180 miles of range @ 80% charge state on my 2022. So far I've not been seeing anyone with a 2022 getting the kind of range of 280+ miles that people are reporting on the 2021. I do have the PB+ but also Mission E wheels. Pretty disappointed right now with the range overall, even though I don't really need it. The only thing I can think of is I've been doing a lot of 80 MPH driving on the freeway. BTW, I live in south FL so I'm not dealing with low temps at all.
Can you post a photo of the trip computer from a drive of more than 20 consecutive miles?

The guess o meter is irrelevant. I get 260+ miles of summer range and my guess o meter has never once said anything above 210 or so when I started.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Pretty disappointed right now with the range overall, even though I don't really need it. The only thing I can think of is I've been doing a lot of 80 MPH driving on the freeway.
I find this really interesting. I believe many people feel the same way. Most don’t need the range but they still think about it a lot and it disappoints them not having it for some reason. I don’t have my car yet so I have no idea how I’ll feel when/if this happens to me. I know I won’t really need much more than 200 miles of range ever, but will I be disappointed if my car says I don’t have it? I guess time will tell.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I find this really interesting. I believe many people feel the same way. Most don’t need the range but they still think about it a lot and it disappoints them not having it for some reason. I don’t have my car yet so I have no idea how I’ll feel when/if this happens to me. I know I won’t really need much more than 200 miles of range ever, but will I be disappointed if my car says I don’t have it? I guess time will tell.
The best thing with the car is when you put in a destination in the navigator. In my case the GOM has been way off, but the predicted SOC at the destination has been very very close, at least if you drive at legal speed levels. Within a percentage point or two. And that takes into account temperature and elevations. To me that is the most important aspect when driving longer distances.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Well for one thing I still need to charge the battery more often which is harder on the battery. Then there is the obvious drawback of when I do take it on a road trip.

Can you post a photo of the trip computer from a drive of more than 20 consecutive miles?

The guess o meter is irrelevant. I get 260+ miles of summer range and my guess o meter has never once said anything above 210 or so when I started.
I have done this and I can't seem to get over 2.4 miles per kwh which equates to somewhere in the low 200s for total range.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Just putting my 2 cents in here. Picked up the car in November, have 3800 miles on it.

PB+, real world, 75mph range mode mileage at 32 degrees F was 247 miles. I ran the car down to 3% on one stretch and had 6 miles remaining.

I plan on stretching it out when it's warmer but when I first picked up the car it wouldn't read over 190 for the first few weeks. It will improve.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I just picked mine Friday and I am driving at -20 degree celcius and I run at no more than 188 miles (300Km) right now after 250 miles, which I find acceptable considering the outside temp. My battery is running between -2C to +2C and the regeneration is active when I brake. So far from ideal from a driving condition and of course the heating is on in the car. I also run with winter tires which will reduce of course my range. I am assuming in the summer to reach more the 350 to 400Km certainly. By the way, no issues whatsoever with the PCM or the software etc. I also do not usePorsche Connect but only My Porsche. Very please with the car

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
@Trussy you live ina fairly chilly part of the country and perhaps you did not drive the car for longer distances?. Nor pre heating the batttery? It makes a huge difference if your battery is heated to say 20 degrees when you start your journey. And if you drive an hour or more than you will see the temperature for the battery raised even more.

The second thing is you have an ex demo. I bet you everyone that tried the car was using Launch Control to see what it could do. I have a feeling it takes quite some time to get things back to normal on the GOM.
You hit the nail on the head, it's an ex-demo vehicle. What is the first thing any of us did when we got behind the wheel of a Taycan demo? See what kind of range we could achieve by driving like a grandmother, or see what that bitch would do in launch control?

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
You hit the nail on the head, it's an ex-demo vehicle. What is the first thing any of us did when we got behind the wheel of a Taycan demo? See what kind of range we could achieve by driving like a grandmother, or see what that bitch would do in launch control?
I agree. Give it time and the range will go up. As @schad suggested drive a certain amount of miles and then calculate the range based on your driving.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
When I first picked up my MY21 RWD with PB+, the Taycan had 193 miles range on 98% battery. This eventually went up to 288 miles on 100% after a few drives. Currently, it’s at 205 miles on 80% charge in the winter.

BluBaby

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 22 I picked up in late November. Routinely see 275 mile range and I've seen as much as 295 mile range. Of course I live in a warm place.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Funny- I've had so many problems with my Taycan 4S (many/most have been resolved at this point), but the range is not one of them. I came from a Model 3 Performance and I was constantly charging that car. Not only that but the performance was noticeably impacted below about 40% battery. I never have range anxiety with the Taycan and I drive it like a Porsche and have recuperation off. I only charge 80% and usually have 180 miles. I hope this helps.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Hello

I picked up my Taycan on 20th December 2021, it's been back with Porsche Edinburgh since 6th January 2022 for a variety of faults and error messages.

Since picking it up the maximum range has been 171 miles, I was expecting better.

What does everyone else get?

Porsche say it is normal and will extend, I keep insisting they run what tests they can while they have the car and the latest response is - "I have our technician looking into the battery health at present, he can check to make sure there are no dead cells etc."

Any help would be appreciated while I have Porsche's attention fixing the other faults.

Thank you

20220103_135536.jpg
My current t max SoC after 2000 miles

Porsche Taycan 171 mile Range, I expected better. received_340613731256696

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I should have elaborated, it is an ex demo from Porsche GB supplied by Porsche Edinburgh, 21 reg with 1293 miles on the clock. I've done 200 of those in 2 and a half weeks.
You know it consumes more energy for the first 2000 miles or so right? It's in the manual. Don't give up!

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Fear I've been sold a pup and the battery is faulty too.
The guess o meter number doesn't matter.
The guess o meter is irrelevant.
ignore the guess-o-meter. Instead, keep careful notes from the odometer each time you charge. Note:
- percentage charge after a charging session (most times this will be around 85% if you follow Porsches recommendations)

Then when you charge the next time, note:
- state of charge before you start charging
- miles/km driven since the last charge

You can then calculate real 100% range: miles or km driven divided by charge used.
Example: let’s say you start at 80%, drive 120 miles and recharge at 30%, your estimated full range would be
120/(.80 - .30) = 240
Sponsored