2021 build - PMC vs. PMCC (connect version)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
9.6kW is the theoretical max you can get from the PMC+ (and 22kW max from the PMCC). In UK, on a single phase 32A supply both PMC+ and PMCC will charge at 7.4kW - perfect for home charging. To get the max you’ll need a 3 phase supply for PMC+ and for PMCC however additionally you will need the 22kW AC onboard charger (££££) to be able to consume it.

Both are intended to be mobile but in reality PMCC is a bugger to lug around and PMC+ more likely (half the weight). In either case, unless you have a suitable supply then lugging either around is unlikely as no one seriously is going to charge with a 13A (3-pin) connection from a regular domestic wall socket.

Infrastructure around UK (in my experience) is much better than I’d imagined and a little research removes the stress.
Sponsored

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
If you have a 3 phase supply and the standard charger you get 11kW through the PMCC.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If you have a 3 phase supply and the standard charger you get 11kW through the PMCC.
No, you should get 22kW (as is the case in UK) - that’s the point. Plus you’ll get 11kW or 9.6kW on other chargers where this is their maximum.

To get the car to charge at 22kW (or up to) the car must have the 22kW AC onboard charger as I mentioned.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Eh I wasn't really disagreeing with you, just that 9.6kw isn't the max you can get through the PMCC with the standard charger, it's the full 11kw.

Additionally it depends on your 3 phase supply, mine is 16A I think, but anyway restricted to the 11kw max for the standard charger.
Sponsored