2022 Cross Turismo Allocations in the US?

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Does anyone know when 2022 Cross Turismo Allocations will be given out to dealers in the US?
Sponsored

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't know about cross turismos - suspect it's the same as for the sedan. I was told by my sales manager (info from his area rep) that '22 allocations for the Taycan would not be coming out until November.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
I don't know about cross turismos - suspect it's the same as for the sedan. I was told by my sales manager (info from his area rep) that '22 allocations for the Taycan would not be coming out until November.
Taycan CT 4 22’ - ordered July 2 expected delivered Nov.18,21’ maybe earlier as they told me - Porsche W Palm Beach

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think he was confusing allocations for first deliveries. I'v seen the same timeline for the sedans recently.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I'm surprised dealers get so little CT allocations (2-4 on average). Was it the same for the Taycan sedan when launched ? My dealer in France, which is a pretty good size dealer for the country, says they only had 2 allocations in March/April and should get another one by the end of the year...

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I'm surprised dealers get so little CT allocations (2-4 on average). Was it the same for the Taycan sedan when launched ? My dealer in France, which is a pretty good size dealer for the country, says they only had 2 allocations in March/April and should get another one by the end of the year...
According to several local dealers in this US:

The Panamera Sport Turismo sold really poorly in America so Porsche HQ decided not to give the US a lot of allocations of the TCT unless the first year sales prove themselves.

Different situation in Europe where there is an established market for fast luxury wagon/estates.

My prediction is there will be very few TCTs in America that aren't associated with a customer factory build order.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
According to several local dealers in this US:

The Panamera Sport Turismo sold really poorly in America so Porsche HQ decided not to give the US a lot of allocations of the TCT unless the first year sales prove themselves.

Different situation in Europe where there is an established market for fast luxury wagon/estates.

My prediction is there will be very few TCTs in America that aren't associated with a customer factory build order.

From reading this forum, you'd think nearly 90% of Taycan customers will be ordering the CT... Unfortunately, Porsche NA is probably right in their pessimistic projections. Then again, sedans generally aren't doing well in today's market either and that's what the regular Taycan is so who knows

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
From reading this forum, you'd think nearly 90% of Taycan customers will be ordering the CT... Unfortunately, Porsche NA is probably right in their pessimistic projections. Then again, sedans generally aren't doing well in today's market either and that's what the regular Taycan is so who knows
The majority of Porsche customers aren't internet forum dwellers either.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I don’t know, back in the day I had a Lexus IS300 SportCross. When I traded it back to my selling dealer they told me that they significantly plused-up the trade value due to loyalty (I bought A LOT of cars there & sent family members to them). Maybe I was just ahead of my time in terms of CUVs?
Sponsored