johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Hi, I’m reading about this update and I’m a bit confused - I have a 22 GTS that came with the colored icons, Spotify, etc. Is this update that’s being offered ONLY for those Taycans that didn’t ship with the colored icons (meaning I already have it)? Or does my GTS still have something to gain from this update? I hear things like range improvements, smoother throttle response… I’m curious if that will apply to my car as well. Thank you!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Chances are you have all current software updates.

Easiest way to check is to log on to My Porsche website (not app) and you will be advised if you have a recall / update pending.

Notification is fairly obvious - tap the picture of your car and a message in red will appear if any action needed.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi, I’m reading about this update and I’m a bit confused - I have a 22 GTS that came with the colored icons, Spotify, etc. Is this update that’s being offered ONLY for those Taycans that didn’t ship with the colored icons (meaning I already have it)? Or does my GTS still have something to gain from this update? I hear things like range improvements, smoother throttle response… I’m curious if that will apply to my car as well. Thank you!
Your GTS already came with that "big" update people are talking about.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hhmm, interesting, I was just told today mine is due an update too which will take two days…. The car is a July delivered gts with the coloured icons, native Spotify and all the other stuff such as remembering drive modes etc. it’s also had one large over the air update too.

does it really need another update. To be honest I am reluctant to have it done as the current software is faultless…..

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
I have a march built GTS. I had some minor issues and the dealer updated software while the car was in for the service. My car came with a colored PCM and Spotify. My SA did not know what was updates for. My Spotify connection was not reliable before update and I have a same connection issue after update.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hhmm, interesting, I was just told today mine is due an update too which will take two days…. The car is a July delivered gts with the coloured icons, native Spotify and all the other stuff such as remembering drive modes etc. it’s also had one large over the air update too.

does it really need another update. To be honest I am reluctant to have it done as the current software is faultless…..
That is weird. Does My Porsche website confirm you have an outstanding recall?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ok so technically there is nothing 'urgent' pending for your car. Typically there are 'campaigns' on the go all the time and most get applied when your vehicle is next in for a service. If your dealer is advising then no harm to book in.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag

I am getting similar response that I need to bring my car in for a 1-2 day service/software update; that was after reporting my June delivered GTS wasn't able to connect through MyPorsche App or website since last Friday.

The update code name is WNK1...Not sure if it will resolve the connection issue.

Last edited:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Maybe check the PCM for the current software version would be a better idea if you have the most recent update. Mine is scheduled so I cannot post it as I do not have it. I do have the message on porsche.com that I am due for the update. Funny thing is, it shows 2 updates, but the dealer said there are 6.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not all 6 are recalls (some are routine) hence why they aren't all listed would be my guess.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not all 6 are recalls (some are routine) hence why they aren't all listed would be my guess.
The SA called them recalls.

My Porsche lists:

ANA6 (PCM)
AMC1 (airbag)

Found in my Emails:
DME (No Campaign number on email).
WNB 4 (I have the alarm issue and received an email).
FOB (No Campaign, but missing my 2nd FOB (had email)
Phone Charger (No Campaign, but my phone charger was missing due to chip (had email)

Thought I read about a wire harness for the driver seat, but could not find.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Items listed in My Porsche website usually carry the text "safety recall". ANA6 is one of the campaign numbers related to the major PCM update (mine is WNJ8 for a fully patched MY21 car). Could be your car was shipped without some of the updates if MY22.

The last recall I had and flagged on My Porsche website (ANA5) was the front seats wiring harness which has since led to a squeaky driver's seat. This was for 2019 - 2021 manufactured vehicles - MY20 to MY21 (May).

Some of your other items aren't recalls per se e.g. 2nd keyfob.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Items listed in My Porsche website usually carry the text "safety recall". ANA6 is one of the campaign numbers related to the major PCM update (mine is WNJ8 for a fully patched MY21 car). Could be your car was shipped without some of the updates if MY22.

The last recall I had and flagged on My Porsche website (ANA5) was the front seats wiring harness which has since led to a squeaky driver's seat. This was for 2019 - 2021 manufactured vehicles - MY20 to MY21 (May).

Some of your other items aren't recalls per se e.g. 2nd keyfob.
My car is a '21 (built July 21, delivered Sept 21) and yes the Key Fob, Phone charger, and power steering column are not recalls, but the SA referred to them as such. I asked her about the front seats wiring harness and she had no idea, but sounds like that was fixed by the time my car was built.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep - cable harness should be fine. Suggest to get them to confirm (their system will flag) when you get the software upgrade(s) applied.
Sponsored