Software Update Confusion

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm a bit confused.

I have a 2021 Turbo S. Received early February. I have not received a notification of a software update. Should I have?

Last week I got into the car and something had changed. My settings had changed and when I started driving I felt the steering wheel tugging. I realized that LKA was turned on. I don't even remember ordering that option. I also noticed a suspension lift feature that I don't remember seeing before. Perhaps the software got updated automatically over the internet?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
LKA is standard (LCA is an option - LEDs in mirrors).

SmartLift is standard for MY21 cars with air suspension so you’ve always had it.

Not much changes for MY21 cars (depending when built).

Ask your dealer as the updates are VIN specific and it could be your car came with any required updates - I’ll be amazed if so and therefore best to check.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm a bit confused.

I have a 2021 Turbo S. Received early February. I have not received a notification of a software update. Should I have?

Last week I got into the car and something had changed. My settings had changed and when I started driving I felt the steering wheel tugging. I realized that LKA was turned on. I don't even remember ordering that option. I also noticed a suspension lift feature that I don't remember seeing before. Perhaps the software got updated automatically over the internet?
As Winge says, LKA is standard. It’s really easy to turn on the LKA without knowing while driving. I kept doing this before I knew where it was. You need to keep toggling the button on the end of the cruise control stick. Make sure it is blanked out on the dash. It is rubbish and highly dangerous on some roads - had it try to drag me into oncoming traffic once. Turn it off!
Sponsored