Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have ordered the Taycan Turbo and am trying to choose from the bewildering array of options without getting too carried away. I have three queries:-
1. I like the adaptive cruise control which I had on my 911. Is the Innodrove adaptive cruise control worth having?
2. If I opt for the porsche crest on the headrests is that in addition to or in place of the turbo writing?
3. i am trying to choose between the mission E wheels and the remote parkassist which i would probably be too scared to use anyway (particularly in an underground car park) at over £2,000

All comments greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'd surely take the wheels over remote park assist, unless you have a really specific use case that you'd be sure you'd use it for. (Like you, I'd be scared to death to try it anywhere it'd actually be needed)

If you get ACC, you can always FoD Innodrive later (though I'd guess that's more expensive).

Your Porsche rep should be able to walk you through all the options and answer questions about them also.

Reactions: B61

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
#2 It replaces it, which you can see it in the Configurator (when it's playing nice and working):

Porsche Taycan 2022 Turbo configuration Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 08.07.18

It's a good option, but I decided to just stick with the default text as how often are you looking at the headrests?

#3 - I cannot comment on the remote parking, but do get the Mission E's - I really regret that I didn't, hence why I have a Turbo S on order to make-up for my sins/mistakes.

OP
OP

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
#2 It replaces it, which you can see it in the Configurator (when it's playing nice and working):

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 08.07.18.png

It's a good option, but I decided to just stick with the default text as how often are you looking at the headrests?

#3 - I cannot comment on the remote parking, but do get the Mission E's - I really regret that I didn't, hence why I have a Turbo S on order to make-up for my sins/mistakes.
Thank you, that is helpful. now i need to choose a colour (torn between crayon and ice grey but leaning towards the latter as everywhere I go I see crayon)

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have park assist but have never used it, however it does come with cross traffic alert which has been helpful. Personally not a fan of the mission e wheels but clearly in a minority. Colour is hard: I am really happy with Crayon but also liked the Ice grey. I think you need to see both as they can look very different in different lights,. Ice grey is a metallic so for some that is important

Reactions: B61

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe I am wrong about the wheels - they do look quite good with the black spokes!
The Porsche Design clock is interesting - I was really keen but have never seen one and it is a A$5000 option with the Sport Chrono - so about 2500 GBP!
I would stick with the turbo on the headrest as others have suggested.
Personally I would have the park assist just for the cross traffic alert, as I have a few car parks that I have to reverse out of and the rear vision is not great

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have ordered the Taycan Turbo and am trying to choose from the bewildering array of options without getting too carried away. I have three queries:-
1. I like the adaptive cruise control which I had on my 911. Is the Innodrove adaptive cruise control worth having?
2. If I opt for the porsche crest on the headrests is that in addition to or in place of the turbo writing?
3. i am trying to choose between the mission E wheels and the remote parkassist which i would probably be too scared to use anyway (particularly in an underground car park) at over £2,000

All comments greatly appreciated.
1. As long as you spec ACC at build then you can add Innodrive (Function on Demand (FoD)) later and trial it before committing. I don't have either but not sure I would spec it as there are quirks with it (speed limits randomly changing etc). The car already has cruise control and speed limit control (car drives to recognised speed limit).

2. Standard is 'Turbo' and optioning the crest replaces (you can just about see that on the configurator when you change it.

3. Not sure how remote parking would fair in an underground car park particularly if it relies on a good cell connection. I think it is limited to an Apple device also. Not sure you'd get much value from it. At a minimum take the 360 Panoramic parking. Note also that the Remote Parking adds Lane Change Assist (LCA) and various other egress features and so not just a software add on.

Mission E's look cool and better value when specing a Turbo as you don't have to upgrade the brakes. Kerbing might be an issue and they aren't easily repaired from what I understand.

Consider:

1. Rear Axle Steering (RAS) which includes Power Steering Plus - a must have
2. 150kW 400V DC booster (helps with legacy 150kW chargers out there (and possibly new ones))
3. Passenger screen - not a lot of purpose to it
4. Cool Bag - I have one from prior and it's not that great
5. HUD - don't think you need it - the display is already awesome and directly in front of you
6. Mission E in black if going Ice Grey (basically white) or Crayon rather than keyed to the body colour
7. Colour choice is tricky and ideal if you can see as many as you can in daylight before deciding (showroom lights aren't reality). White, Ice Grey, Carrera White Metallic - 3 whites to choose from. All personal decisions for sure.
8. Gloss black window surrounds (if going 'white')
Sponsored

Last edited: